Scrapbook Ideas? Help!

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 24 Apr 2005 , 5:05pm by melodyscakes

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 8

i opened my big mouth and said, sure i can make a scrapbook themed cake. i thought i had the open book pan but i dont. so i have to turn a normal cake into a "scrapbook" any help would be appreciated! i have to make cake tomorrow.....grrrr
melody icon_cry.gif

7 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 8

You could bake a 11 x 15 cake, carve a long thin triangle strip from the center and cut a sliver off each of the two 11" ends...I hope my description makes sense!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 8

just cut a angled piece from the center of a 9 X 13, so it angles into the center and then ice, not as easy as havingt he book pan but it can work.

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 8

I would take a double-layer sheet cake and carve a wide "v" in the middle, then angle the two sides (I hope this makes sense....picture an open book and how, when open, the center is lower and the pages fan out at an angle)

I would also use the finest-tooth side of a decorating comb to do the sides....that way it will look like pages.

As for decorating....you can either cut frames, letters/sayings, etc out of fondant and make it actually LOOK like a scrapbook page.....or make various scrapbooking tools (tape, rulers, eyelets, etc)....but I think that actually making it look like a scrapbook page would be the easiest.

I don't know of it is for a birthday or what.....but it might be cute is somewhere on the cake you write something like "All the world's a crop, and we're merely scrappers" or "Crop 'til you drop". If you did a quick search of scrapbooking sites, you could probably find lots of those kinds of sayings.

Good luck! And don't forget to post a picture of your cake!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 8

book pan, edible imaging, fondant trimmings, thats what I see.

the pan iced like a scrapbook... putting little pics on it of the person its for doing framework, scissors, etc out of fondant....

now if this is just a generic cake meaning not for one specific person, then things that look like scrapbooking stuff on the book....

melodyscakes Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif i made the scrapbook cake! i didnt have the book pan, so i made my 1/2cake look like a book, then put little frames on the pages and put little faces in the frames....it says crop 'till you drop
thanks for your help!!!!
melody

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 8

You did a good job.

melodyscakes Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 8

icon_cool.gif thanks mouse!!!!! i appreciate your encouragement!
melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%