Anemonies

Decorating By shannonfl Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 8:50pm by Narie

shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 6

I hope I spelled that right. I have a wedding cake on Friday and I hadn't really thought about it till now (My BAD icon_redface.gif ) but she wants anemonies on the cake just a few. But I searched them on the site and found them on a toxic flower list icon_eek.gif . I had originally told her that if she wanted fresh flowers I would prefer the florist take responsibility for placing them on the cake in regard to the toxic thing, she said she would talk to the florist (she is sort of a procrastinator I have to email her 3 or 4 times with a question before I get an answer) so I am worried that she didn't ask and I am going to get there on Friday and the florist will say NO FLOWERS ON THE CAKE icon_evil.gif ! I was thinking of making some gumpaste anemones has anyone made these before I can't find any pics. I love to practice new flowers so I don't think it would hurt to try making some and then having them to save the day if necessary! (SUPER CAKE GIRL icon_biggrin.gif that's me) But how to make them I use the Wilton gumpaste flower kit thingy nad I haven't looked at the book in a while!!! Any help because I am going to have to get busy after work today on the little bugers!

5 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

i don't have an answer to your question, but i wonder if your bride knew this when she chose them as her flower:

The meaning of the anemone flower is "forsaken" and also "a dying hope".

Maybe you could use that to talk her into something not toxic!

Crissy usaribbon.gif

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 6

Rather than kill yourself making flowers for which you are not getting paid, why don't you just bring some floral tape to cover the stems of the flowers?

If the bride has talked with the florist, then maybe you will have no worries, but bring the tape anyway.

JMHO

Michele

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

When you said "anemonie" I was thinking of the FISH! like a sea anemonie! LOL icon_biggrin.gif
I don't know about a flower....but maybe do what crystalina1977 said

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 6

LOL! Forsaken! No changing it now everything is centered around these flowers. And I was planning on coffee stirrers and straws and floral tape and saran wrap and what not but I figured if I can make them I don't just offer these things for free are you kidding I can be like well i have these in my expensive save your butt box! Hehehe! And I really want to make some flowers so I figured what the hay! Now how to make them?

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 6

Anemone- they are a very simple flower.
http://www.dutchbulbs.com/bulbs/search.do?searchStr=Anemone&x=10&y=7 They are bit like daisies but with wider petals and black centers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%