Western Theme Dance

Decorating By kidscakelady Updated 4 Apr 2007 , 2:14pm by darlene_000

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 15

Hello to all you creative people! I'm calling upon you again for some ideas....

I am going to making the cake for our annual father/daughter dance in mid-April (I did one last year- the Hollywood theme cake in my photos)
This years theme is country western and since I have officially started a business I want to really make sure that it is great. I'm kind of stumped though as how to design this one- there will be a lot of cowboy boots, cactus, bandanas, hats, and horseshoes for decoartions- any ideas on a cake design? I was almost thinking that it would be fun (and easier to serve) if I made a smaller cake and then had either satellite cakes or cupcakes surrounding
I've searched the gallery and there are a few cakes there but this needs to be for about 200 people

Any ideas???

14 replies
kidscakelady Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 15

Anybody out there???

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 15

You can make a cowboy hat, their is also a cowboy boot cake plus some other western ideas with the link below.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=cowboy%20hat

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 15

Some ideas.... What if you did a western sunset scene, a silhouette of a cowboy and a little girl dancing
LL
LL
LL
LL

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 15

You could to a tiered cake like those already suggested, with western decor and some cactus ball cakes as satellite cakes (like Collette Peters' cactus cake)...That would be cute with the little cacti all around the cake!
Kinda like this one from my favorites...
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-59498

Hope the link works...

kidscakelady Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 15

Melody25- WOW!! Those are beautiful cakes. You do great work.

I really don't like to use fondont other than to make accessories. I really like the bandana print- is there any way to do that with BC?? What are the boots made of?? icon_confused.gif

Thanks for the link to the gallery too justsweet- I think when I searched I put in western rather than cowboy- stupid me!! icon_redface.gif

I was thinking about a covered wagon just not sure how to approach it.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 15

I did a 'cow' cake and denim and daisy cupcakes for a little girl's birthday not too long ago - the girls loved the cupcakes - they are in my gallery if you want to take a look. The best part is you can do the cut-outs in advance.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 15

I did a western cake too in my photos, not sure how close it is to your theme though. It is tiered with a cowboy hat on top, the bottom has painted silhouettes and the middle has an imprinted leather look.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 15

HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for the compliment but those arent mine..I cant take credit where credit isnt due! I did a search for cowboy cakes on yahoo, and these are a few I found. I love the pockets and the bandana.

kidscakelady Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 15

WOW! These are are really great cakes- not sure that with my limited abilities that I could pull them off- I'm willing to try anything though.

Keep those ideas coming! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!
BTW- Kitagrl- that cake is absolutley AMAZING!!!! I could never pull off something like that.

msdaisey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdaisey Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #11 of 15

Anyone got any suggestions for a
western themed wedding cake.........puff puff puff.......its 4 April 15 icon_cry.gif

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 15

I did this cake a few months ago, and Im a complete beginner.... Cactus, cowboy hats, bandanas, boots... makes me think of western stuff icon_smile.gif

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 11:41pm
post #13 of 15

darlene_000, that is sooooo cute! How did you get the texture on the cactus/fence?? I am doing a donation cake for a silent auction/barn dance for a theraputic horseback riding program for disabled kids...researching for ideas. This is kinda what I had in mind, actually! (great minds think alike, huh?)

kidscakelady Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:42am
post #14 of 15

darlene_00- I already had your cake saved to my favs! It is SO cute. I am thinking of doing one smaller cake that looks like yours (if you don't mind me borrowing your idea) and then doing the denim and daisy cupcakes from jaxdesserts idea.
Thanks for all of the help- I'll post photos when I'm done (not until 4/21)

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 15

Alli,

The texture on the fence I just made with a sharp knife, and the cactus I used a wooden skewer... just kinda had fun and put some texture on.

Kidscakel;ady!! Good luck! I can't wait to see what you make!!! Im doing a cow cake this weekend, kinda like that one I did, but different too... we'll see what happens! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%