Anyone Watching Top Chef???

Lounge By KittisKakes Updated 26 Jun 2006 , 9:23pm by shrek

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:58am
post #1 of 23

I've worked in a couple of different style restaurants, and chefs do have egos that can't even fit in the kitchen - but OMG, some of these guys - well, I just want to jump in there and ring their necks!!!! Tiffany (the redhead) and Steven (the blonde), what a bunch of pompous #@!*. Anyway, it's too bad Tiffany has immunity!! But it was Bryan, well he wasn't gonna last that long anyway.

22 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:05am
post #2 of 23

Ahhh, I don't get to see this until Saturday when they show it again. I work 3 - 11. Bummer. icon_cry.gif

KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:13am
post #3 of 23

I'm sorry - I ruined the end for you!! Just pretend you didn't read this! I promise I won't do that again!!!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:21am
post #4 of 23

Did you see last week when Miguel won? Steven's expression was PRICELESS!!! If I had TIVO, I'd have played that part a hundred times just to see the look on his face again!! lol He just thinks so much of himself. He had immunity last week...but he STILL assumed he would win!!?? grrrrrr thumbsdown.gif When they said that Miguel was the winner, Steven looked completely dumbfounded...like how was it possible?? lol I didn't see it tonight, but it will be coming on again really late tonight...just might have to camp out on the couch and try to stay awake for it. Aren't Steven and the younger, dark haired girl (forgot her name) supposed to go at it?? lol I saw on a commercial where she called him a 'tool'!! Man...that could mean soooo many different things....lol. Just wanna see in what context she meant that...lol. I've worked in a few restaurants too, in the past, and chefs really can have enormous egos...but I think from what they've shown of Steven that his ego will be the end of him eventually.

jo_ann Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:26am
post #5 of 23

That's okay KittiKakes, you can post. I'll just have to resist the urge to look at the post. (Like that's gonna happen. icon_surprised.gif ) icon_lol.gif . I absolutely love this show.

KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:41am
post #6 of 23

I can't remember her name, but she also called him a douche bag! LOL. Too funny!! His ego is definitely gonna be his downfall, Stephanie too. They had to cook for a bunch of 8-12 year olds. Some of them are just clueless. It's amazing how some of them think their s#!t don't stink!!! They need to be humbled in a big way!!!!!!! It's fun to watch

RAVUN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RAVUN Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:31pm
post #7 of 23

Yep...I have been watching and I love it!!!!
You are right some of these people just make you want to jump through the TV and wring their necks....and poor Cynthia....who shouldn't have been on there from the start because of her sick father...I felt so sorry for her.
But it is an interesting show.
Debbie

MaryD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryD Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 23

Stephen must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime he opens his mouth I know that I am sitting there with my jaw to the floor. I cannot believe what a, hmmmmm, I cannot type what I truly think he is. I think I need to seek some anger management counseling about this. I am steaming just thinking about him. LOL

KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

Stephen must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime he opens his mouth I know that I am sitting there with my jaw to the floor. I cannot believe what a, hmmmmm, I cannot type what I truly think he is. I think I need to seek some anger management counseling about this. I am steaming just thinking about him. LOL

I know exactly what you mean!!! I just want to rip that smug look off his face!!! Can you imagine working with him - OMG - you'd have to take away all sharp objects!! He really is talented, maybe a little more nouveaux(sp?) for my taste, but he's put out some nice stuff.

Too bad for Cynthia, I agree, she really should have bowed out if her father was that sick. She really wouldn't have lasted that long anyway. My pick for the top three LeAnne, Miguel and Harold (I think that's his name, the guy who so "graciously " took the blame for losing the kid challenge).

Stephen and Cynthia will lose because of their egos!!!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 1:26am
post #10 of 23

Thanks so much ladies!! It's great to have this forum for chats with those of like taste. I watched the frst episode of the show, forgot to set a reminder for the next one and get this- then I totally forgot the name of the show and couldn't remember it to save my life!! Gonna set a reminde on my cable box for sure-sounds like I missed alot!!

KittisKakes Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 2:08pm
post #11 of 23

I know some of ya'll haven't seen it yet, so I won't spoil the SURPRISE!!!!, but I just have to say - it's ridiculous these guys don't know anything about desserts. There were five left on last night's show and they had to cater a wedding reception that started in like 18 hours. So they all come up with these elaborate menus - please!!!! - real world here!!!! Anyway, they had to do a wedding cake. This is the 2nd, or is it the 3rd time they had to have a dessert involved. No one had really dealt with cakes before. I know chefs aren't expected to excel in every aspect of cooking - but they should at least have knowledge about the basics. They used Betty Crocker for the cake mix, and Stephen (can't stand him) didn't want to have anything to do with it because it was a mix. It's ridiculous that not one of them knew how to "doctor" up the cake if they were worried about the judges. I betcha some of us can get on there and show them a thing or two!!!!!!!!!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 3:52am
post #12 of 23

I caught this show for the first time this last weekend or the weekend before, can't remember, just know they showed several shows in a row. I did see the cake one the other night. I loved when one of the judges(?) said there was a piece of egg shell in their piece of cake. In all my years of cakes I don't think I ever had that problem. *knocks on wood*

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 4:26pm
post #13 of 23

This is so funny. i was going to ask if anyone watched this show! I cannot believe there was egg shells in the cake. Even my five year old(Who is the kids world biggest Emeril fan) knows to scrape out the egg shell if it gets in the bowl.

I was blown away that profesional chefs make a wedding cake from a box mix. I use'em but, I wouldn't think that a chef would!

MaryD Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 6:08pm
post #14 of 23

Ding dong, Stephen is gone!!!!!!

KittisKakes Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 8:08pm
post #15 of 23

I AM SO GLAD HE IS FINALLY GONE!!!!! Can you believe he was only 24?!? How does someone achieve such an ego at such a young age?!?!?! I was afraid they were gonna get rid of Lee Anne. I think she's the only one that seems more down to earth. Stephanie's pompous attitude doesn't seem as bad as it first was. I like Dave, although he could use some Ridalin icon_biggrin.gif LOL!!! I can't figure Harold out, sometimes I like him and sometimes he annoys me. It'll be interesting to see how this ends.

riagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riagirl Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:37am
post #16 of 23

I am sooooo bummed that LeAnne is gone!! I can't believe Tiffani is going to Vegas instead. My picks were Dave, Harold and Tiffani. I guess There wouldnt have been much controversy and drama in Vegas if LeAnne had won since she gets along well with Dave and Harold.

KittisKakes Posted 4 May 2006 , 12:27pm
post #17 of 23

I was so sure they were gonna send Tiffany home. But you're right, if Lee Anne had gone to Vegas, everyone would gave gotten along and there would be no "drama". I was surprised that Dave made it to the top three. I think Lee Anne is better than him, but I'm glad he still gets to go.

Next week is the reunion show - apparently alot of them butt heads, should be interesting.

MaryD Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:48pm
post #18 of 23

I am happy Dave made it. He really pulled his cooking act together last night. He is still an emotional basketcase, but I love him anyway. The reunion previews looked quite exciting can't wait to see it.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 4 May 2006 , 4:24pm
post #19 of 23

I missed it last night! icon_sad.gif What happened that to Leanne?

KittisKakes Posted 18 May 2006 , 11:31am
post #20 of 23

UGH!!!! I can't believe they sent Dave home!!! Almost all of Tiffani's stuff got the worst reviews!! Just becaus he left one plate off - is that it?!? If you forget an order, then you hurry, fix it and send it out. If the food sucks, well, there's nothing you can do about that!!! I know they kept her because she's the most controversial of them all, but Dave really should have stayed!!! If Harold doesn't win, then you know this is rigged!!!

MaryD Posted 18 May 2006 , 1:48pm
post #21 of 23

Harold! Harold! Harold!

jo_ann Posted 18 May 2006 , 2:07pm
post #22 of 23

I definitely think Tiffany should have been sent home but as was said then there would be no controversy without her. She should have been sent home instead of LeeAnn as far as that goes. I miss Dave already. You couldn't help but like him.

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 9:23pm
post #23 of 23

i only saw a couple of episodes because i could not stand tiffany's attitude.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%