Please You Guys Really Desperate?

Decorating By libs Updated 1 Apr 2007 , 5:25pm by mthiberge

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 3

I know people always ask this im sorry but I cant find any replies so I need to know if you can freeze cupcakes already decorated with fondant and filled with jams and things, Do they taste just as good? How about if they are done in a vacum sealer icon_cry.gif

Ive got a table at a school fair and need to do loads of cup cakes, and thought it would be great to do them over a period of four days. icon_wink.gif also any one got any great ideas that they want to share for cupcakes for kids thumbs_up.gif thankyyou it would such a big help as ive never done any cupcakes before especially not over hundred.

2 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

For cupcake ideas what about putting the theme of the book fair on each cc. Or, to keep it fast and simple, the initials of the school or the school mascot.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 3

I know you can freeze them covered in buttercream, I don't freeze fondant because it can be problamatic when it thaws...sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not. It's a risky game to play. What I would do is bake them all and fill them and freeze them and if you REALLY REALLY want to use fondant I would pull them out the day before to thaw and cover them with fondant that night for a fresh product that looks great! Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%