Fbct Question

Decorating By skittles2120 Updated 1 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm by AngD

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,

I was wondering if you need to let the frosting set a bit before you put the final layer over all of it. Some of my black outlining didn't stay after I added the final layer. Just wondering if letting it set a bit helps so this doesn't happen.

Thanks,
Jess

5 replies
SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 6

I usually let my outline icing harden a bit before coloring in the areas. When coloring in I try not to fill to the top of the outline. This keeps the colors from bleeding over. I don't usually wait to cover it all with the cover icing. HTH

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

I take another piece of wax paper and lay it over the top and kind of rub and squish (gently) so the filling frosting gets blended really well with the outline. - You do have to be careful especially with a thin outline but it helps keep things in one whole piece.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo

I take another piece of wax paper and lay it over the top and kind of rub and squish (gently) so the filling frosting gets blended really well with the outline. - You do have to be careful especially with a thin outline but it helps keep things in one whole piece.

good idea! i had never thought of this before.

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 6

what does fbct stand for?

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 6

FRozen Buttercream Transfer.

When I did mine I colored in then pressed with wax paper to get out any airbubbles, then let sit for a few minutes and then covered with the white icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%