Your Favorite Easter Candy?

Lounge By cookingfor5 Updated 5 Apr 2007 , 12:32am by maryjsgirl

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 37

What is everyone's favorite Easter candy? I don't have a favorite candy from any other holiday, except Easter.

Mine is Cadbury eggs with the hard candy coating. I actually hide my stash from the kids, but they can smell them. I hid them in my room one year and somehow a 5 year old and a 3 year old found them.

My hubby lives a whole year to get the cadbury creme filled eggs. These use to be my favs. I love cadbury chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

36 replies
cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 37

I love the Cadbury creme filled eggs too.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 37

starburst jelly beans
Peeps (i know they make them all year round but it's just not the same unless it's easter)

Oh and last year I found the caramel Cadbury eggs... those are near the top too.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 37

[quote="leilly
Peeps (i know they make them all year round but it's just not the same unless it's easter)

yep icon_wink.gif [u:a58315a06a]and[/u:a58315a06a] Cadbury eggs!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 37

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs ....... OMG, those are SO good!!!! thumbs_up.gif

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 37

It's got to be robin's eggs!!!
Oh, I love the orange cadbury eggs!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 37

My favorites are Cadbury Creme Eggs and the candy coated Cadbury eggs as well icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 37

oh oh sweet tart jelly beans and robin egg malted milk balls

Hubby gets 20 cadbury eggs a week....and won't let the kids have them....says they have to buy them themselves....

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 10:14pm
post #9 of 37

PEEPS, PEEPS, PEEPS

I LOVE PEEPS

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm
post #10 of 37

Cadbur cream eggs!!!! I always have loved them! I disect mine though. I eat the chocolate first then then white cream and then the little bit of orange cream with a tiny piece of chocolate I saved to the side. I get really messy doing this, but hey they are worth enjoying completely.

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 37

I love the Robin's eggs and Cabury Cream Eggs.

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:39pm
post #12 of 37

gosh talk about all my favorites you guys I love peeps your right its not the same unless its easter what a guilty guilty pleasure those are and the orange cadbury creme eggs and reese peanut butter eggs.

wgoat5 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:51pm
post #13 of 37

I used to love the big solid milk chocolate bunnies mmmmm, freeze em then go back for more with a knife....now unless you go to a speciality store all you can find is hollow fake chocolate...like at Wal-mart and such.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:21am
post #14 of 37

My favorite Easter candy is the Hershey chocolate eggs with the candy shell. They remind me of a giant M&M. I'm also pretty fond of the Caramel Cadbury filled eggs, oh and did I mention Dove chocolate eggs?

Cindy

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:53am
post #15 of 37

robins eggs.....hands down was i the only kid who used them as lipstick???

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:58am
post #16 of 37

Cadbury cream eggs!!!
Although when I was a kid I refused to eat them because they looked too much like real eggs (which I HATE) and I figured they tasted like eggs, too...

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:00am
post #17 of 37

Well my really true favorite comes from See's Candy in California, their Bordeux chocolate covered Easter eggs, But commercial candy, Jelly Beans, only in red and green. And Cadbury marshmallow caramel chocolate covered eggs.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:01am
post #18 of 37

ewww cant get past the real egg look........

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Cadbur cream eggs!!!! I always have loved them! I disect mine though. I eat the chocolate first then then white cream and then the little bit of orange cream with a tiny piece of chocolate I saved to the side. I get really messy doing this, but hey they are worth enjoying completely.

That is soooo funny! I do that too!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Not exactly but I eat most of the chocolate first then the cream, then I have a last bite of both. icon_lol.gif I so need help. icon_lol.gif

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:11pm
post #20 of 37

icon_confused.gif How do you disect the creme eggs??? icon_confused.gif Those are my most favorite Easter candy though! thumbs_up.gif My second, black licorice jelly beans, I saw a bag of just those in Target and almost bought them... icon_twisted.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:11pm
post #21 of 37

Reeses peanut butter eggs, I've behaved so far this year and not bought any yet, I can eat a whole 6 pack in a sitting. icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray75

icon_confused.gif How do you disect the creme eggs??? icon_confused.gif Those are my most favorite Easter candy though! thumbs_up.gif My second, black licorice jelly beans, I saw a bag of just those in Target and almost bought them... icon_twisted.gif

My grandpa loved the black jelly beans, he would make mustaches and stuff on us kids. icon_lol.gif I have pictures of me as a baby (10 months) in a frilly little dress with black stuff all over my face.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:21pm
post #22 of 37

OMG I LOVE the Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs too!!!!! I'm trying to diet so I'll try my hardest not to buy those!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:24pm
post #23 of 37

Love the hard candy coated Cadbury mini-eggs. They are the best straight out of the fridge...

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:29pm
post #24 of 37

in Switzerland and i think France they have easter bunnies made out of almond brittle. I love those. I may have to take a few home with me...

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:35pm
post #25 of 37

Cadbury seems to be the winner so far. After my cadbury favorites, I have to say that I love the Reese's, but I am glad they make them a little smaller now. For some reason I can't have only one. I have started to find the solid chocolate bunnies at Wal-Mart and Target in the past few years, but they are small bunnies. I'll take what I can get, but I always wanted a white chocolate bunny growing up. I like the spicy jelly beans, or the bag that has the cotton cnady flavored jelly beans.

What is it about Easter Candy? Does anyone still make those coconut nests?

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:47pm
post #26 of 37

Brachs makes the nests

Its the Easter bunny he makes us all want the candy icon_sad.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:05am
post #27 of 37

I do believe my pants got a little tighter just reading about all the candy! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 6:42am
post #28 of 37

well just unbutton and read on! LOL

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:53pm
post #29 of 37

Cadbury's is awesome and that's my daughter fave. My son does the reeses's eggs.

But I guess I have to be different...I love Russell Stovers "footballs". They melt in your mouth.

Patricia

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:14pm
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

well just unbutton and read on! LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif GREAT IDEA!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%