Please Help, Due Soon

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 2:56pm by SweetResults

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 11

I have this cake and one more due in the morning and I am drawing a blank. It's a shower cake for a boy these are the decorations they are using, but trying to stress the blue. They like stacked cakes, and that's about all I've got out of them. Please help with some ideas.
LL

10 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 11

..how about doing a one of those baby carriage cakes to match the napkin? Just a thought!

Katie-Bug Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 11

That's what I hadt thought, but they want a tiered cake.... icon_sad.gif

jumbosgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumbosgirl Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 11

how about a tiered cake with a color flow carriage on top??

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 11

Ok first thing that came in mind was 2 tiered cake (or however many you want) Ice one in the yellow the other in green and do color flow blue carriages and attach to the sides perhaps even create a carriage out of gumpaste filled with baby items ?

HTH
Krista

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 11

If you want a teired cake how about chocolate transfer baby carriages to go on the top and sides? with a clothes line and baby things on the line?

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 11

What about something like this in their colors? http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_82822.html

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:39pm
post #8 of 11

KylesMom, that is just the pic I was thinking of! Something like that would be great. Sounds like it would suit them to a tee!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 11

I think KylesMom's pic is perfect! What a great cake!

Katie-Bug Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 11

After all the hours of trying to create something that was tier, she just called and said she needs a smaller cake. Now it only needs to serve about 35-40! Good thing this is for family!! Anyway, I am just going to be doing a 10'sq, which serves 40, and make it look like the napkin except add some writing. I've found osme neat sights I am fixing to post with sayings. They are for invinations, but they work great fo rcakes. Thanks everyone for the ideas. I never seem to be creative and design things! Thanks- Katie

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 11

You could still do the tiers - 10" and a 6" will feed about 32 people icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%