please take a look at my photo
how much would u pay to learn how to do the gelatina art
how much for a dvd or 2 hour class to learn this
thank u

20 replies
AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 7:26am
post #2 of 21

I don't know but it is unique. Never have seen that before. Beautiful. Good luck!

FLOWERGEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FLOWERGEL Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 7:47am
post #3 of 21

thank u ttowndiva

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 21

Hi and welcome....I'm so glad you asked about this.....we've had threads on the topic of gelatinas in the past but nobody ever gave instructions. Would you be willing to share a quick lesson on how to shape these beautiful desserts?

I don't know what a dvd goes for? $12 - $15 ? I'm sure plenty of people whould buy it.

Thanks in advance...

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 3:11am
post #5 of 21

hi adven
thank u for your comments
here is what i do i make a clear gelatin mixture pour it in a bowl put it in the refrigerator to firm up, while waiting i then make a milk gelatin mixture separte it into portions in how ever many colors ill be using red for the rose and green for the leaves i then use a syringe to make the cuts of flower(S)

Viks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Viks Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 3:54am
post #6 of 21

Okay, so you cut the gelatin with the syringe (upside down I would guess?) and then syringe in the colour to fill the slice you made? I'll have to give it a try, your pictures are beautiful icon_smile.gif

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:09am
post #7 of 21

thank u viki
for making it clear and finishing how its done for me and for everyone else lol i just wanted to say thank u

Viks Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:16am
post #8 of 21

Oh, so that is how it is done? I've never seen anything like it, it's beautiful! I guess it will just take a lot of experimentation to figure it out!

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:25am
post #10 of 21

viki
this is also make the same way hope u can or know spanish

hope u like it

http://www.gelartfloral.com/recetas3/Petunia_3D.htm

Viks Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:28am
post #11 of 21

No, I don't know much Spanish icon_sad.gif I'm Canadian, so I have more French than Spanish. I'm sure lots of others will thank you for the site though!

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:28am
post #12 of 21

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS THAT HOW THATS HOW I FIRST STARTED

Viks Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:30am
post #13 of 21

I'm going to buy some gelatin tomorrow, I can't wait to try it!

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:34am
post #14 of 21

ITS OK BUT DID U LIKE THE FLOWER HERE IM SENDITN THIS FROM THE LINK OF MRS LOURDES

http://www.gelartfloral.com/

Viks Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:37am
post #15 of 21

Yes, I think Mrs Lourdes' flowers are much prettier! I don't know if I could ever make anything as nice as those!

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:40am
post #16 of 21

ive talked to her to come to indiana in june to so if everything works fine for me she will be coming

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 5:02am
post #17 of 21

Wow, amazing what you can do with food. Too bad somewhat will be eating the pretty creation. LOL. I wouldn't though! It would be so pretty for me to eat. LOL.

Pretty soon someone will be making tools to make it easier to mold it into flowers. Like a leaf spoon or something like that. LOL. I would buy it. icon_smile.gif

FLOWERGEL Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 5:12am
post #18 of 21

i use spoons to make leaves and some flower like the rose
thank u for your comments ttown

adven68 Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 1:58pm
post #19 of 21

You have no idea how happy I was to read the English instructions. While my conversational Spanish is poor to say the least, I couldn't decipher the directions that I had found in the past.

Wow....even though the mystery is solved, it must be very difficult to make them so loveley. Some of the work seems so intricate...and to be working backwards? Wow...I am impressed. (I don't get impressed very easily)

Thanks again for sharing. I really think you should look into instructional videos. Cake bakers everywhere would probably buy them!

FLOWERGEL Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 11:46pm
post #20 of 21

hi adven

thats what i meant when asking how much would someone pay for a dvd or a 2 hour class ssssoooooo adven just throw a number(s) how much would u pay for a instructional video
let me know..... a tape in mexico cost 130 - 150 us dlls
i like to know ( the cost ) cause u said u were impressed and that u dont get impress that easily .... im glad that u got the whole picture or the gelatina
thank u

adven68 Posted 21 Mar 2006 , 1:03am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

I don't know what a dvd goes for? $12 - $15 ? I'm sure plenty of people whould buy it.

Thanks in advance...

I did I did!!! I meant that I would pay that much for it...I think that's a fair price...please let us know...I'm sure many of us here would go for it!!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%