What Is Easiest Candy

Sugar Work By deerickert Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 5:45pm by deerickert

deerickert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deerickert Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:30am
post #1 of 8

Hi - I am new to the candy thread. I tried the cookies first, and am not great at baking or decorating cookies. My passion is really chocolate, and already love reading this, but where do I start? I want to really make the sugar bottles in time, but thought I should start with something easier first. Any suggestions? If I could come up with something for my niece's wedding at the end of May, that would be great. Thanks
Diane

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:35am
post #2 of 8

molded chocolates are very easy and fun.

all kinds of interesting molds to play with.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:43am
post #3 of 8

Doug is right. I would try the molded chocolates.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:45am
post #4 of 8

You could make some white chocolate mints for her wedding. Just flavor the chocolate with peppermint oil (it has to be oil, water will mess the chocolate up) and then pour into wedding favor molds.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:54am
post #5 of 8

Cream Cheese Mints are super easy. Also they can be any flavor or color you like. You can also mold them, just roll small balls in sugar, press into the mold and pop them out.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:50am
post #6 of 8

Hi Diane: let me suggest that you try to find a candy class somewhere. That is how I started and I had a blast. I have done candy for a couple of weddings kind of using the theme of the wedding. I did a fall wedding and I did the wedding cake with fall leaves cascasding down the sides and then did chocolate leaves for the favors wrapped in fall colors of foil. There are many wedding molds and you could even do chocolate covered small pretzels and the lovely wedding boxes they have available. I would not attempt to do anything more complicated than a solid mold or pretzels.

There hopefully will be some classes in your area that you can sign up for. I did mine at a cake and candy supply store and took them for about 2 years usually in winter and spring. Had a blast and have the pounds to prove it. Good luck and have fun. Pat

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 8

You can also try candy books. Candy Making for Dummies is great. The first candy I ever made before I even took a class was truffles. Heavy cream and chocolate, or sour cream and chocolate, or cream cheese and chocolate. Nothing simpler. And you can pipe the truffles into chocolate lined molds. The internet if filled with billions of truffle recipes and variations. And theyre all good because the basic ingredients dont change.
So I would say truffles and molded chocolates.

deerickert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deerickert Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone. I hope my candy making turns out better than the cookie projects. I will try the molds, and definitely a cheesecake. Thanks again. I love this CC site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%