Inspired By Rickash's Post!

Lounge By CreativeCakery Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 9:56pm by mkgsweims

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:15am
post #1 of 11

The wedding cake thread is so much fun...let's keep the wedding thing going!

What were your wedding colors? Flowers?

I'll start. I had sage green and pale pale pink.

I carried white stephanotis (real flowers) with wired rhinestone centers.

My girls carried green and pink hydrandeas with pink snap dragons.

10 replies
CreativeCakery Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 3:53am
post #2 of 11

Bumping myself! thumbs_up.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 3:57am
post #3 of 11

A very dark green with a black mettalic sheen (nicer than it sounds). My flowers were mixed but most were gardenias, I had the nicest florist. My sister worked at the same place and he had gardenias shipped out from California when the delivery expected didn't come to make sure I had them. He was so sweet.

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 3:57am
post #4 of 11

cool idea for a thread icon_smile.gif

i was married 3 years ago and my wedding colors were pink and mocha.

my bridesmaids wore mocha colored dresses and carried dusty pink roses.

i carried ivory and pale pink peonies.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 4:07am
post #5 of 11

I was married in 1970 icon_eek.gif in our little town Vernon, Texas (just on the border of Texas and Oklahoma. It was a December wedding and my colors were red and white. My cake tasted awful (like shortening). I don't remember the bouquet. I was married in an old Lutheran Church and the only lighting was from candles and the huge Christmas Tree. It was a simple reception with just cake and punch and then we left to drive 3 1/2 hours to Lubbock. We were exhausted by the time we got there when the best man showed up with the bottle of champagne we forgot. He and my new husband stayed up and drank it. The best man slept on the couch. Maybe that should have told me something. We are still married but it hasn't been all roses for sure!

CreativeCakery Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 4:17am
post #6 of 11

I love the green with gardenias, and pink and mocha is one of my favorites! Candles and twinkling tree lights sounds really pretty, too, and what a story! icon_wink.gif

How fun! Thanks for sharing!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 4:23am
post #7 of 11

i was married 8 yrs ago in june ( it ended up being hotter then heck in colorado) we were had our ceremony and reception outside at the same place. My colors were forest green and mauve. My cake turned out nothing like i wanted ( i wanted to do it myself but hubby convinced me no to), the only taste of cake we got was from smashing in our faces cake was gone by the time we had a chance to think about having some. As side from all that people told us it was the best wedding they had been too, so that was great to hear.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 4:59am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakery

The wedding cake thread is so much fun...let's keep the wedding thing going!

What were your wedding colors? Flowers?

I'll start. I had sage green and pale pale pink.

I carried white stephanotis (real flowers) with wired rhinestone centers.

My girls carried green and pink hydrandeas with pink snap dragons.

OK, my colors were:

Hunter green and peach

Flowers were:

Peach and white roses and some little green ones, I'm not sure what they were called. The bridesmaids carried peach tulips.

I made the bridesmaids dresses which were hunter satin with flared sleeves of sheer fabric and a peach band around the empire waistline and peach satin roses on the backs. I also made their bun rings with peach and green and my veil and bun ring, which was peach and white.
LL
LL

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:34pm
post #9 of 11

I actually let my husband pick the color, navy blue. It was a winter wedding and he didn't want anything too girly. This year we will be married 10 years. I wanted Hydrangeas, but they were out of season, so the florist used small flowers bunched together to look like hydrangeas. My flowers were mainly roses and stephanotis. My cake was a simple 3 tier cake, white with real flower accents.

The flowergirls wore dresses that matched the bridesmaids. We had a Model A or somthing like that for a car. The pictures were great and we had a lot of pictures taken with a beatiful blaze red maple in the background.

The only bad thing is my husband had the fakest smile or no smile in all the pictures. I wish the photographer would have said something to him.

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:15pm
post #10 of 11

Gee thanks CreativeCakery...
Heres my colours.
My bridesmaids wore steel blue straightline dresses made from microfibre with a criss cross back.
My dress was white aline with pearls, beads and sequins around hemline, necline and waist.
My hubby and groomsmen wore black suits with steel blue and grey stiped vest and button neck shirt.(no tie)
My flowers were orange gerberas and white liliums and the bridesmaids had the opposite white gereras with orange liliums.
I remeber it like it was yesterday. I was a great day and we had no problems.

here are a coulpe of pics, sorry they are blurry
LL
LL

mkgsweims Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkgsweims Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 9:56pm
post #11 of 11

My colors were dark red and silver. The colors sound blah, but it was actually very classy and sharp looking. The bridesmaids wore dark red gowns and carried white stemmed roses. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with silver vests and ties. DH wore a black tux with a dark red vest and tie. My bouquet was dark red roses and my dress was an off-the shoulder style with a cathedral train.

The best part of the wedding was the location. It was held in the evening, outside in the beautiful Rocky Mountains during the summer time. It was an hour drive to the lodge where the wedding ceremony and reception were held, but it was well worth it. Guests were seated in a meadow that was surrounded by lupine wildflowers, aspen trees, and the mountains. It was just beautiful and the weather was perfect! I grew up in the mountains and there is no better place to have a wedding. No man-made church can compare to the beautiful mountains that God created.

My parents really went all out for the wedding (they even made a 100 ft. white isle runner and staked it down to the meadow). I think that they went all out because I was never allowed to attend prom, homecoming, or any of the school dances.

Oh, I wish I was at home and could upload pics!

And I almost forgot- the cake. It was three-tiered with chocolate cake, carrot cake, and white cake for the different layers. The frosting was white bc and each tier was topped with red roses and ivy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%