Mixes

Decorating By chocomama Updated 16 Mar 2006 , 10:34pm by chocomama

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 7

When using 2 mixes for should I combine both mixes or prepare them separately? This may be a stupid question but I swear I remember reading somewhere that they shouldn't be combined.

6 replies
gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 7

I always mix two mixed together when I need more than 1. Never have any problems.

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 7

If it's cake box mixes such as Duncan Hines-I combine 2 boxes sometimes. Seems to have no problems.

Although, I also read here on some posts not to do that. I think that was for scratch cakes. That might be personel preferences. I don't know for sure though.

Good luck!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 7

I've mixed two mixes together before also and have never had a problem.

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 7

I mix two mixes together also. Depending on what mixes you are using you may find they tell you how to do it. Duncan Hines puts it inside their box. Sometimes you don't use as much oil or whatever when using two mixes.

However, I have done it without following the inside directions and have not had any problems. I just double what it says on the box.

Did any of that make sense or did I just totally sound like an idiot?

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 7

I mix my cake mixes double almost all the time, and it's never seemed to make any difference. I double exactly what it says on the box.

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, I meant for box mixed and I have Pillsbury. Yay! I'm going to combine them! Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%