Prayer Please

Lounge By alracntna Updated 7 Apr 2006 , 10:00pm by alracntna

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 21

I know when people ask for prayer it is for the health and well being of friends and family but i really need a different kind of prayer. my DH has his own business laying flooring of all types and it is like construction, some times its booming and others it isnt. well he has been with out work for five weeks and we are living off of hot checks. i spoke with my bank and explained what was happening and they said they would cover them for now but after five weeks of no work i dont know how much longer they will. we are a few thousand in now with the bank and i am starting to get scared. someone just called about 10 mins ago and said they had a small job for him but i dont know what kind of money it will bring. he just left to go measure it. i have been praying and praying that god would bring some work our way so if my friends would pray with me i would appreciate it. . thanks for everything.

Carla

Please join in my prayer.

Lord,

You know our need. Please touch our finances and make them grow. help us get through this time and send work to us so that we can cover what we have already spent. you say you would never give us more than we can handle so i know you have a plan for us. I put our finances in your hands and I know you will take care of us. you say where ever two or more people pray together in your name it shall be done so In unison we pray in Jesus name,

Amen.

Thank all of you who have joined in on this prayer.

20 replies
redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 21

consider it done. I understand exactly what you are going through...

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 21

Carla, I know the worry you are going through, but please know you have placed it in the right hands. I have prayed your prayer and will say one of my own for strength, faith, and love for you and your family during this difficult time.
Kimberly

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 1:58am
post #4 of 21

Carla,
I, too, know how you feel. It is a very scary feeling not knowing how you are going to put food into your kid's mouth or how you are going to keep them warm when it's cold outside. My husband tried to make a go of his own business last year. I think I almost got an ulcer during that time. Unfortunately, he had to go back to work again for the "other man" and do his own business on the side. During that whole time the Lord seen to our every need in his own way. Sometimes when I had no idea what we were going to have for supper, someone just up out of the blue called and invited us over for dinner. It still amazes me to this day. I am going to keep you in my prayers. Anytime you need to talk you can email me ANYTIME [email protected]
Dordee

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 3:04am
post #5 of 21

My God bless you, in Jesus' name, I prey..

alracntna Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 21

Thank you so much I knew I could count on my friends here. Things are already starting to look up. Looks like starting on monday there is work all next week and the week after. that is a start and i am sure all his builders will be calling soon with work on top of work. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Squirrely for the pm. it means a lot to me.

alracntna Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordee

Carla,
I, too, know how you feel. It is a very scary feeling not knowing how you are going to put food into your kid's mouth or how you are going to keep them warm when it's cold outside. My husband tried to make a go of his own business last year. I think I almost got an ulcer during that time. Unfortunately, he had to go back to work again for the "other man" and do his own business on the side. During that whole time the Lord seen to our every need in his own way. Sometimes when I had no idea what we were going to have for supper, someone just up out of the blue called and invited us over for dinner. It still amazes me to this day. I am going to keep you in my prayers. Anytime you need to talk you can email me ANYTIME [email protected]
Dordee

Thank you so much It means a lot to me.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 21

You are added to my prayers...Amen

ccoth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccoth Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 2:35am
post #9 of 21

I'm praying for you, too. The Lord WILL provide. He always does when we rely on Him.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 3:09am
post #10 of 21

Carla,
So happy to hear about the work coming in. Wow, isn't God awesome? I know you don't really know me but remember anytime you need to talk just email me. Sometimes it really helps to talk to someone who knows what you're going through.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 3:40am
post #11 of 21

Carla....My husband and I run a small family sign business....and I too know how stressful this can be. There are no guarantees in the business world, and surviving with a small business this day and age is no easy task. You have my prayer also...mostly that God will hold you in His arms and walk you through this tough time. You are not alone. -Patricia

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 21

okay guys it has gotten worse....

my bank did cover a lot of the checks i wrote and my DH has started working again but the checks started adding up faster than we could put the money in the bank. the bank called me today and said we were not putting enough money in and they were going to freeze my account. not all the checks for the bills of april have gone through yet my mortgage being one of them.

now i dont know what to do. i asked if we could take a small lone of $15000 out on our house cause our house is worth a lot more than that and they said they would call me back. please pray that we get this lone it will cover the checks that are out there and leave about $8000 in the bank to help us stay caught up and if they make our payments $100-$400 a month on the loan i can cover that with my pay checks so we dont have to worry about that.

the only thing is our credit is not all that good. i think we both score in the mid 500's which is poor credit. but we both messed our credit up when we were 18-21 years old and we have tried to fix it for the last 10 years. we thought if we got a bank account and stuck with it we could eventually ask for a loan to pay off our credit but it doesnt look like we are on a very good track right now.

please pray that they will let this loan go through so we can dig our way out of this endless hole. i am so frustrated i cant stop crying and my DH feels bad cause he says its his fault cause he had no work for six weeks. i keep telling him it is not his fault he couldnt do anything about there not being any work.

sorry to unload on yall but i dont know what else to do and if this loan doesnt go through i really dont know what we are going to do.

thanks for listening.

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 21

well they said it would be 30 min and it has been a little more than an hour is this good or bad? does anyone work in a bank?

Phoov Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 8:14pm
post #14 of 21

...praying....

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 8:15pm
post #15 of 21

I praying for you! Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:47am
post #16 of 21

Praying something comes through for you, "He" always takes care of our needs!

alracntna Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:50am
post #17 of 21

well the day is over and i never heard from the bank about the loan so i hope someone calls me first thing tomorrow. please keep praying for us.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:12am
post #18 of 21

I'll be thinking of you Carla....

alracntna Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 8:05pm
post #19 of 21

okay we did not get the loan.

i talked with the bank again and i told them that we could put $1000 today and $1000 next friday and another $1000 the friday after that if they would just give us a little longer and the lady told me she didnt see a problem with that but she had to talk to her supervisor. so now i am waiting to hear from her on that.

i guess the loan didnt go through for a reason ...something better must be coming.

Phoov Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 9:40pm
post #20 of 21

That's right....and it sounds like they're taking your offer, and rightfully so. Sometimes God's answer is different from our request, but nevertheless, He makes a way where there seems to be no way. Gee....that should be a song! Hang in there~

alracntna Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:00pm
post #21 of 21

i still have not heard from the bank but i am going to go up there in a few min.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%