2 Questions + 1 Opinion

Decorating By Jennkrem Updated 19 Apr 2005 , 3:19pm by Lisa

Jennkrem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennkrem Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 9

Opinion:

For those of you who were curious, the Betty Crocker Bake-N-Fill pans (in my opinion) are wonderful!! This past weekend, I made a spice cake with apple cinnamon pie filling mixed with about a cup of whipped cream and frosted with Cream Cheese frosting. I would love to show you a picture of it, however, I had to run an errand and my husband gobbled it up on me icon_rolleyes.gif But he says that it tasted wonderful. icon_biggrin.gif

Questions:

1) What the heck is "MMF". I keep seeing it posted and have no clue what it is.

2) Has anyone ever done fondant on top of buttercream? Meaning the picture or character in fondant, the rest of the cake in buttercream?

8 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkrem

1) What the heck is "MMF". I keep seeing it posted and have no clue what it is.

2) Has anyone ever done fondant on top of buttercream? Meaning the picture or character in fondant, the rest of the cake in buttercream?

Ok MMF is marshmallow fondant.....

and YES people do fondant on top of buttercream. I think they use cutters and such....things are only limited to your imagination there.

Jennkrem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennkrem Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you Flav.

All along I was thinking Marsmallow Frosting. Only slightly off. icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 9

Hi, I do tons of fondant over buttercream. Most of the birthday cakes I do are made like this. Here is a spiderman cake I did. The cake is buttercream and spiderman is made out of fondant.
LL

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Hi, I do tons of fondant over buttercream. Most of the birthday cakes I do are made like this. Here is a spiderman cake I did. The cake is buttercream and spiderman is made out of fondant.

That's awesome...how'd you do it?

Jennkrem--sounds yummy! I've never thought to fill a cake with apple cinnamon pie filling.

peacockplace Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 9

lisa,
I used the picture form the spiderman pan, and shrunk it down then mut him out of fondant. i piped the lines on him with black BC. The background I sprayed with the blue and purple spary color, then I did the web with BC. Spiderman's eyes were fondant too.

Lisa Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

lisa,
I used the picture form the spiderman pan, and shrunk it down then mut him out of fondant. i piped the lines on him with black BC. The background I sprayed with the blue and purple spary color, then I did the web with BC. Spiderman's eyes were fondant too.

Did you cut the blue and red parts of him seperately?

peacockplace Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 9

Yes, I cut all the colored parts seperately, then assembled them. If I did it over again, I would have done the entire shape out of fondant and then assembled the colored pices on top of that. It was kind of a paint to put the parts together on BC.

Lisa Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:

Yes, I cut all the colored parts seperately, then assembled them. If I did it over again, I would have done the entire shape out of fondant and then assembled the colored pices on top of that. It was kind of a paint to put the parts together on BC.

It's a great look...thanks for telling me how. I'm going to have to try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%