SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 30

Hi...

Um...

I posted two new pictures today

and, like, nobody wrote any nice sweet comments about them

and so now I feel bad.

sniff sniff

I admit it. I post pictures for feedback. So sue me.

29 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 30

So....um...why did you post this in the disasters forum??? icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 30

I try so hard to comments on cakes. Sometimes it just takes too long to download I give up. Then there are times that it goes a little faster and I may miss some by then.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 30

so funny! Well your shameless plug worked! I do like your festive cake so I left a comment, along with several other loving CCer's

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

So....um...why did you post this in the disasters forum??? icon_lol.gif

sniff, it felt like a disaster...

Janette Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 30

It's taking so long to download right now, could be time of day.

I did see thumb nails of the cakes. You have to know your cakes are beautiful, because they are. Your very creative, not the same ho hum cakes.

SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 30

Oh my goodness, thank you for the completely unsolicited compliments. icon_biggrin.gif It's such a surprise!
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 30

No cake comments for you now. icon_twisted.gif

SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 30

Hey, on another subject real quick, how do you get your 'signature' or a funny saying to show up under your posts? I submitted one and it's not showing up.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #10 of 30

Oh you silly thing!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna know why I didn't leave a comment? Because I'm an impatient person and it was taking too long to view your cake. Did just take the time to view ALL of your photos and girl, you are awsome!!!!!!!!'
By the way, I'm one of those shameless people too that watch to see if anyone leaves comments on my stuff. I have found that a while back when the galleries loaded faster, more people left comments.
Oh, before I forget, aren't you the one that is moving to Jax. soon? I guess you made the move huh? I think I have the right person. If I remember right, I was going to see if you could do a delivery to the life flight helicopter crew up there. If I have the wrong person, just call me a moron. lol

keonicakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:21pm
post #11 of 30

Good Lord Girl!!!!! How about that Eifel Tower?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??! That's insanely cool! icon_eek.gif

keonicakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #12 of 30

about the comment thingie, I think you just go to "my forum info" and where it says signature, you can type something in. Try that.

SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonicakes

Oh you silly thing!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna know why I didn't leave a comment? Because I'm an impatient person and it was taking too long to view your cake. Did just take the time to view ALL of your photos and girl, you are awsome!!!!!!!!'
By the way, I'm one of those shameless people too that watch to see if anyone leaves comments on my stuff. I have found that a while back when the galleries loaded faster, more people left comments.
Oh, before I forget, aren't you the one that is moving to Jax. soon? I guess you made the move huh? I think I have the right person. If I remember right, I was going to see if you could do a delivery to the life flight helicopter crew up there. If I have the wrong person, just call me a moron. lol

Dear Moron--JUST KIDDING!!!! You said to call you that!!

No I'm the one you kindly offered some cake business to. I already live in Jax and when I replied I told you the helicopter guys might want to call the bakery where I work for all their cakey needs--remember me now? That's ok, I'm going to PM you. icon_smile.gif

keonicakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:39pm
post #14 of 30

I'm only 1/2 a moron, because I got half of the memory right. Ha ha ha ha.
I remember you and I just pm'd you back. icon_lol.gif

Galxcbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galxcbaby Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:48pm
post #15 of 30

All of your cakes are very beautiful and impressive. You have every right to be proud!

dolphinheron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphinheron Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #16 of 30

Girl! How groovy are your cakes! Your gallery shows that you are obviously willing to try something different each time - fearless! And that is one of the best qualities a cake artist can have!

Good for you! Solicited or not - you have my admiration... thumbs_up.gif

SophieBelle Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:51pm
post #17 of 30

Gee Gosh and Golly icon_redface.gif

icon_smile.gif

Froggytat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Froggytat Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:54pm
post #18 of 30

Okay....so you're my sister-in-law....that doesn't mean you don't do fan-ta-bu-lous work! Have a good day! icon_biggrin.gif

SophieBelle Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:32am
post #19 of 30

Hi Sis-In-Law...we have pulled you into our little cakey web....bwah ha ha!

skdobos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skdobos Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 2:02am
post #20 of 30

Wow, your cakes are great. I wish I do something like those. I haven't taken any classes so I just go by trial and error and I don't have enough nerve to try anything like yours.

mommakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakescakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:40pm
post #21 of 30

SophieBelle, your cakes are beautiful. icon_smile.gif Especially the Eifel Tower thumbs_up.gif How did you do that one? icon_confused.gif One day I hope to be able to get mine to look half as good as yours. I haven't had any classes and I am trying to learn with videos, books and by reading everything I can on this site.

Janette Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:53pm
post #22 of 30

The Eifel Tower is in the October/Novemeber issue of American Cake Decorating

drnksince21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drnksince21 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:16pm
post #23 of 30

okay so i'm very new to this website and i'm probably going to make enemies already but i looked at the pictures and you are obviously a talented cake maker and i also saw that you get tons of compliments...but i dont think you need them to know your talented. just to put it in an analogy it's like the 100lb. woman that says she's fat just to get people to say no,no your not. I'm sorry but i think your just fishing for compliments when you obviously know your cakes are nice!

SophieBelle Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:27pm
post #24 of 30

Thanks but I posted this thread days ago and I didn't even pretend I that wasn't fishing for compliments! I was pretty open about that! When I posted it, no one had posted on a new picture I uploaded, but since then lots of CC friends have been kind enough to say some nice things.

They say nice things to everyone, though. I didn't let it go to my head. Don't know why you felt the need to say this to me, but that's cool. I won't let it go to my heart.

Also, can someone tell me why this thread came right to the front page of CC when someone posted a reply, but the thread about the Jello Fondant recipe won't come up there? Maybe I just don't understand how the boards work...

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:40pm
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Quote:

Also, can someone tell me why this thread came right to the front page of CC when someone posted a reply, but the thread about the Jello Fondant recipe won't come up there? Maybe I just don't understand how the boards work...

It must have just been that a bunch of posts hit at the same time so it flittled past without hitting the front page. I'm glad this one came up tho because it caused me to go in and look at your cakes and I saw the pointer to the Jello fondant thread. Thanks for sharing it and I'll look it up.

...and yes darling...your cakes are very beautiful lol...

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:45pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

The Eifel Tower is in the October/Novemeber issue of American Cake Decorating

Jannete, how can we get the patterns?

SophieBelle Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:03am
post #27 of 30

I've been sending the pattern to everyone who has asked. I got it in Geraldine Randlesome's mini-class, not the magazine.

mommakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakescakes Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 1:20am
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Quote:

SophieBelle
I've been sending the pattern to everyone who has asked. I got it in Geraldine Randlesome's mini-class, not the magazine.

Could you please send me the patterns also? TIA

Janette Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:38pm
post #29 of 30

Sorry I took so long just got online

Looks like question was answered

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 3:03am
post #30 of 30

Sophie - you kill me! I LOVE that you are so transparent and admit that you want some acknowledgment for the hard work you put into your cakes.
I understand having to spell that stuff out to the hubby....but we cake decorating addicts should know better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%