Cake Or Cupcakes?

Decorating By withclubsauce Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 10:35pm by TexasSugar

withclubsauce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
withclubsauce Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 3

My husband plays in the orchestra at our church and found out that the director just stepped down. Everyone really loves this man, and they are planning to put together some sort of scrapbook for him to give to him after his last rehearsal with them.

I thought it would be nice to take a cake or cupcakes too, as I am sure everyone will want to stand around, and say their good-byes and look at the book.

Delima is, is that we have rehearsal from 6(ish)-8 pm, and I know not everyone has dinner before they come. I was thinking cake would be best in case anyone's spouse shows up we can just cut smaller pieces. But part of me says cupcakes are better becuase if someone doesn't want to eat cake before dinner they could take it home. I guess I should just bake enough cupcakes for 1 1/2 times the amount of people that are in the orchestra?

Thanks for any opinions.

2 replies
mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 3

What about a cupcake cake, you can make it any size and people could take just what they need!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 3

Personally I would do cupcakes. They require less extra stuff, such as plates and forks. All you really need with them is napkins or paper towels. And they are set portions, so you don't have to worry about cutting the cake smaller to fit in everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%