Won 1St And 2Nd At The San Diego Cake Show

Decorating By Fairytale Updated 29 Mar 2007 , 2:37am by KarenOR

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:15pm
post #61 of 75

Fairytale your cookies are always impecable (sp) I wouldn't expect anything less than 1st place for you. Your cake is also gorgeous and you know me not easy to please LOL. Congrats thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:17pm
post #62 of 75

Congrats! You do beautiful work!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:29pm
post #63 of 75

Your cake is absolutely Gorgeous! As are the cookies! Congratulations!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm
post #64 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

I was with the judges when they went to score your cookies. One of the judges, who is a cookie expert, said they were stunning. She said that was a perfect decorating job on a cookie, and she would know. If you picked up your score sheets, she was the sheet with LB for the judge's initials. I was also there when they scored those cakes. I know the cake that won 1st was in the running for best of show. I'm sorry my camera seemes to have changed that pretty green to yellow on the website. Hopefully I'll get a better picture from someone else.

Congrats thumbs_up.gif

Thank you so much for the feedback about the judges. I was to nervous to be there during that time. We didn't find out the results until about 5:00 Saturday night. Boy was my stomach churning until then.LOL.

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:41pm
post #65 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigojods

I have the decorator as "Estela Y. Diaz" for the cake that Fairytale posted above.

Fairytale - Those cookies are fantastic!!! But where the heck were they at the show because I didn't get to see them in person. icon_sad.gif I can only think of 1 set of cookies - the penguins - that I saw actually. Did I miss a table somewhere?!?!?

I posted this link on a couple other threads, but if anyone wants to see pics of most of the cakes/confections at the show, here are mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63223389@N00/sets/72157600027106092/

I put all the artists that I could in the picture descriptions and cc aliases for the ones that I have ound out so far....

Yes, yes, yes, that was her name. My brain just couldn't take it all in.LOL. My cookies were two down (towards the stairs) from the pengiuns and THE PENGUINS ROCKED!! I thought they were just darling and really want to get that cutter. Wish I could have met the person who made them.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:13am
post #66 of 75

I know who made those cookies, I believe she's still a member of our club. I'm thinking she may have used a template but I can ask when I see her next.

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:19am
post #67 of 75

Congrats. And thanks for posting the site with all the cake photos. Nice to see what is being done on the other side of the world. We don't have our conference until November but not nearly as big as yours.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 4:55pm
post #68 of 75

congratulations on a job well done. It is a beautiful cake icon_biggrin.gif

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:02pm
post #69 of 75

Congrats
your cake and cookies are aewsome.
lizzie

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 11:21pm
post #70 of 75

Congratulations. Your cake is beautiful. Wonderful work.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 1:59am
post #71 of 75

Both are just stunning! Congrats to you thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:07am
post #72 of 75

GORGEOUS!!!!

CONGRATS

katanagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katanagirl Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:08am
post #73 of 75

congrats on your cake and cookies

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:23am
post #74 of 75

They are both amazing. Your cake is beautiful and the cookies are the cutest. The details are awesome!!

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:37am
post #75 of 75

How exciting! Congratulations!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%