Can I Pipe Bc To Whipped Cream

Decorating By kaurislapsi Updated 12 Mar 2006 , 11:55am by chaptlps

kaurislapsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaurislapsi Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 5

My friend ordered a My little pony headshape cake and want's the top of it to be whipped cream.

My question is...can I pipe buttercream (all butter type of it, cos we don't have shortening) on top of it??? I would like to pipe the birthdaygirls name to it. I don't have piping gel or something. Will the colours spread (how do you spell it...damn)?

Jenni in trouble

4 replies
djjarrett88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djjarrett88 Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:42am
post #2 of 5

stabilize the whipped cream with knox gelatin. I think it would be ok to do. just refridgerate it after and the whipped cream and writing will firm up. I have used crisco icing on whipped cream cakes many times with no ill effects. i would think the same would hold true for "real" buttercream.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 6:14am
post #3 of 5

when you write with BC onto whip cream it will bleed,. You would be better to color some whip cream and write with that.

kaurislapsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaurislapsi Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 10:43am
post #4 of 5

Uuuh...I didn't remember that I just made my own birthdaycake with whipped cream and BC. How stupid I can be. So I piped BC over pink whipped cream and it was fine. No bleeding. I will post the picture, when I get it out from my camera. Thanks anyway...

Jenni

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 11:55am
post #5 of 5

hiya kaurislapsi,
welcome to C.C.
I use bc over whipped all the time especially when writing as I find that the whipped has a tendency to crack and not pipe evenly. But that's the Bettercreme whipped icing though, The only time I have probs with it bleeding is if it's sat on the cake for a couple days usually starts bleeding after 4 days. But in most cases, it's already been eaten by then for most ya'll. It's just condensation collecting on the top of the cake that causes the bleeding and that doesn't usually happen for a coupla days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%