Egg Yolks In Container - Scratch Cakes

Decorating By MariaLovesCakes Updated 10 Mar 2006 , 12:44am by MariaLovesCakes

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 3

How about those egg yolks in the container sold at the supermarket. Can they be used on cake recipes that call just for egg yolks? Especially scratch cakes. I have a couple of recipes for yellow cakes that only call for egg yolks and would love it if I can use just the yolks sold at the supermarket. Does it work? Has anyone tried yet?

I hate to have to figure out what to do with the egg whites when I have to separate them.

icon_cool.gif

2 replies
FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 3

Yep the egg yolks in the carton work fine. icon_smile.gif

They are basically just egg yolks. But whenever i have to use jsut yolks and don't need the egg whites, i just freeze em in ice cube trays. One ice cub space for one egg white. That way if i ever need one or two its easy just to get the cubes of egg whites and let them thaw on the counter(do not put them in a microwave, BIG mistake for me).

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 12:44am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretDeprived

Yep the egg yolks in the carton work fine. icon_smile.gif

They are basically just egg yolks. But whenever i have to use jsut yolks and don't need the egg whites, i just freeze em in ice cube trays. One ice cub space for one egg white. That way if i ever need one or two its easy just to get the cubes of egg whites and let them thaw on the counter(do not put them in a microwave, BIG mistake for me).

Excellent! Thank you for the info!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%