Princess Or Crown Cake,

Decorating By heavenscent Updated 8 Mar 2006 , 5:54pm by bulldog

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 10

Any Ideas on how to do a princess or crown cake? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

9 replies
melissaanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissaanne Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 10

I suggest you do a gallery search. There are some very good one on this site!

nalyjuan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nalyjuan Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 10

I am not sure how to do one. However, if you look in the galleries and see one you like just PM the person and ask them. The members of CC are the BEST!!! They are always willing to help out newbies like us. icon_biggrin.gif
Or you can also look in the forums if you haven't done so already.

Good Luck hope you find what your looking for. thumbs_up.gif

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 10

You could always take some fondant, roll it out, and cut out a crown shape. Then wrap it around a cup or something while it dries to get the curved shape. Lay the cup or whatever on its side then lay the crown over it.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 10

Someone posted a pattern for a tiara in the galleries. It was then taped to the side of a can and piped with chocolate. You could also pipe it with royal icing. I'll see if I can find it.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 10

Here it is:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=tiara&cat=0&pos=30&search=tiara

It was posted by MelC. She did an awesome job on her tiara. There's a pic in the Fantasy Gallery or you can find it in her pics. I'm gonna try it for my daughter's B-Day.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 10

Here's the cake that she made (MelC)...she does awesome work!!!! Here is another by cakesbysam.......this one is totally awesome too, I plan on trying this one with the tiara template MelC made....sorry they came up in the wrong order.....the one on the pillow is MelC's cake and the two tier with the tiara on top is from cakesbysam
LL
LL

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 10

I made a princess cake a few weeks ago and used a store bought crown. The cake was just a stacked 2 tier chocolate and vanilla with Buttercream Icing and Fondant accents...

It's in my gallery...I can't figure out to attach it here.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 10

I did one last summer. Here is a pic. It was actaully pretty easy and although I LOVE Mel's cake--I don't think I would ever be able to pull that off.
LL
LL

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 10

I also did a cake with a store bought crown. It is in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%