Photo Of My First Fondant Attempt

Decorating By MindiBrad Updated 16 Apr 2005 , 6:50pm by pastrypuffgirl

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 5

Well -I just finished it....I was in a hurry, so I just used the yellow MMF to do simple decorations.

A few things I learned....

1. I LOVE fondant...although I just rolled and cut stars due to being in a hurry....I can see that the possibilities are endless

2. THe Wilton fondant was a pleasure to use....but the MMF dried out awful quickly, even keeping the unused portion covered. I have ordered some Satin Ice...I'm hoping that it is as easy to use as the Wilton. Maybe I will use ready-made fondants for cake covering and save $ by using MMF for decorations.

3. anyone with a Kitchen Aid MUST have the pasta plates for it. I ran my MMF through my Kitchen Aid pasta plates and it cut my kneading time in half!

4. Never have a fondant-covered cake out and uncovered around young children. The front side in the picture is the only side that doeasn't have a little "finger hole" poked in it.....my boys thought it was SO neat and couldn't help touching it.

and lastly..
5. covering a square cake with fondant evenly is much harder than it looks! Gotta work on those corners!

4 replies
msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 5

very Nice! my goal is to master fondant this year also

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 5

Great job and just your first attempt thumbs_up.gif Love the colors and the way you decorated it with stars. It reminds me of my baby nephew's nursery. It's done in that color with stars all over the walls. I want the pasta attachment for my KA so bad! It's on my birthday list. It's a long list though!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 5

Okay, I'm confused about which attachment ya'll are talking about, are you talking about the doug hook or an attachment that rolls the pasta so it's thin??

pastrypuffgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypuffgirl Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 5

the pasta attachment goes on the front of the kitchen aid itself. It rolls the pasta out thin for you in sheets. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%