A Special Request

Decorating By Sue23 Updated 8 Mar 2006 , 5:15am by chocomama

Sue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sue23 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:12am
post #1 of 9

I have a friends birthday coming up.... They are asking for a "Bavarian Cream cake" -- that is what their wedding cake was. I'm not sure how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? They were my first paying customer last month & they are back again.. I want to take care of them good..... Please help.... I have to do this cake on March 17th.... Thanks for you help....

8 replies
SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:14am
post #2 of 9

well sorry i cant help u with the bavarian cream cake but i wanted to say.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! thumbs_up.gif <3

Sue23 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:15am
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much ---- that means a lot...

DeniseMarlaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseMarlaine Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:28am
post #4 of 9

Do you think they mean cake with bavarian cream filling? You can buy bavarian cream filling at www.countrykitchensusa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx if that's what you need. I've ordered from them before and they ship pretty quick--although you might choose expedited shipping just to be sure. I got this website from one of the forums here and have been very happy with the products I've bought there.

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:36am
post #5 of 9

Hey, Sue! I'm in Katy! Isn't Bavarian Creme basically a yellow cake with a custard filling and chocolate icing? Good luck, neighbor!

Sue23 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:37am
post #6 of 9

DeniseMarlaine - I'm going to double check w/ them in the morning. I'm thinking if I just do a white cake w/ bavarian cream filling they will be happy... All they keep saying is we want it just like our wedding cake it was bavarian cream.. Not sure what it was they had. Thanks for your in put..

Sue23 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:44am
post #7 of 9

chocomama -- I'm really not sure what it is... I will find out in the morning.... I used to work out at park ten & I10 for 2 1/2yrs. It was toooo long of a drive from the woodlands so I just got a job over here about 4mths ago... Hope all is well over there..

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:53am
post #8 of 9

Chocomama,

I think you're referring to Boston Creme- which is YUMMY!

As far as your dilemma goes, I would definitely just ask them. Tell them you know that bavarian creme is a filling, but you aren't familiar with it as a cake. Ask them to describe it. Nine times out of ten, it will be white or yellow cake with bav. creme filling!

Good luck,
Suz

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 5:15am
post #9 of 9

GolfGirl, you're right! I was thinking Boston Creme! Maybe that's because I'm originally from the North and I've seen it more often.

Sue, I live off of Barker Cypress near Morton so I'm very close to your old stomping grounds. Small world!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%