World's Greatest Aunt Cake...any Ideas??

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 8 Mar 2006 , 4:44pm by subaru

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 1:51am
post #1 of 10

All I got from the customer is.....sister is coming to visit to see new baby. Birthday is around the same time and would like a cake that says.....World's Greatest Aunt!!!

any decorating ideas?? she didn't specify colors, flowers, bows...NOTHING!!!

please hlep,
Thanks,
christine

9 replies
twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 2:10am
post #2 of 10

OH I'm sooo glad you asked this...I need to do a cake for my aunt in 2 weeks and needed ideas too!!!

icon_redface.gif sorry i have none....but I will watch and read with you!! (if you don't mind )

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 2:18am
post #3 of 10

well my first thought is inspired by AUHNT (the formal way) Ruth who always yelled at me when I said it "Ant" Ruth (I am NOT one of those.....)

so, yep a cake featuring an ANT -- of course the Queen, complete w/ crown...oh heck, toss on a regal robe too. even a scepter if ya could.

and bunches of little servant ants exclaiming how great she is by spelling out the words

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 2:25am
post #4 of 10

love the idea of an Aunt...you remeber there a kids movie called Ant maybe that would inspire you. Ant holding a new baby

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 2:27am
post #5 of 10

I LOVE that idea Doug!!!!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 3:18am
post #6 of 10

My first thought was an ant on top of a hill (the cake) hoisting a gold cup-style trophy with a #1 on it. The ant can be made of cake balls held together with toothpicks.

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 10

Well, I'm so glad someone's making a cake for me!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can't give you any suggestions other than finding out what her fav flavor is and putting lots of love into it!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 10

HA HA I was thinking the same thing Barefoot_Contessa .. Just place a pic of me Brians Baker.. And Ta Da... Worlds Best Aunt Cake!!!! hehe

Not on the serious side..Let me see, I am the Aunt to 10 neices and nephews.. And it seems that I am more like a grandma, godmother, bank account!
So how about something I seen in a wilton book.. It was for a baby shower, but think it would work great for the Aunt thing.. It has a lady sitting in a rocking chair with a robe on.. It is so precious.. You can make 2 round cakes stacking them.. Add the lady in rocking chair on top and have little things like shopping bags (made of fondant), dollars (made of fondant) and even little ants walking around the cake...(dougs idea).. If she is close to her sister, then the little items will be self explanitory.. LOL I know I would know exactly what those meant.. HAHA even the robe thing.. I dont even have time to get out of pajamas.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Just a thought!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:35pm
post #9 of 10

Doug I thought I was the only one who had an AUHNT. Everyone else in the family called her Ev. I was to call her Auhnt Evelyn. Funny how you picture a little old lady named Auhnt Evelyn, truth is she is only 10 years older than me.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 10

Hey you guys, Please don't try to steal MY title! My nephew has promised me that it is all mine!!!!
I love the ANT idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%