New Version Of My Buttercream!

Baking By prterrell Updated 4 Apr 2007 , 4:38am by prterrell

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 9

Hey, I just came up with this yesterday. Made it for my FIL's birthday - paired with chocolate cake - soooo good!

Brown Sugar Buttercream:

To my basic buttercream recipe (http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-152831-buttercream.html) substitute brown sugar and dark corn syrup for the granulated sugar and corn syrup in the recipe. Use orange extract instead of vanilla.

Also, a hint I figured out yesterday: If you put the bowl of meringue in an ice bath while beating (after adding in the syrup), it cools down to the perfect temp for adding the butter after about 4 minutes of beating!

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 9

Here's the link:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-152831-.html

Sounds great will have to add this to my list of "Make Next" recipes icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 9

One of my students made a peanut butter buttercream the other night, which was to die for! She just added maybe 1/4 Cup peanut butter to a buttercream recipe and played with the sugar content until she got the right consistency.

prterrell Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 9

PB buttercream on brownies is my favorite!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 9

That sounds good! Honestly, I had never even contemplated PB buttercream before she showed up with it, stating it's a family favorite. Now I know why! thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:45am
post #6 of 9

I add a little extra salt to the peanut butter buttercream. To die for!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 9

I like to add a little bit of molasses to peanutbutter buttercream so it's just like having brown sugar but w/o the graininessicon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 9

Do you think you could add PB to a merengue buttercream? I have been dying to make some IMBC or SMBC to try and my DH wants a chocolate cake with PB filling for his b-day cake..

prterrell Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:38am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Do you think you could add PB to a merengue buttercream? I have been dying to make some IMBC or SMBC to try and my DH wants a chocolate cake with PB filling for his b-day cake..

Yep! I'd just put some BC in a bowl and add some PB and mix and taste and play around with adding more BC or PB until you get a flavor and consistency that you like. (Sorry, I don't have specific measurments for this flavor).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%