How Do I Work My Commercial Oven =0( Please Help!!!!

Decorating By monnitas0808 Updated 24 Mar 2007 , 3:57pm by monnitas0808

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:09am
post #1 of 7

I've been a home based baker for years, but now that I am opening my business I wanted to try my new commercial over (used) but new for me ..haha! But it seems to heat up and stay at a warm tempature....and my cakes never baked!!!!!! My pans weren't even hot I grabbed them with my hands after 30minutes inside. It's a VALC_AN the first knob had the temp. which was set at 350f the second knob was something to do with how fast I want it to heat up...I set it at med-high...the third was the timer but I didn't set it because I was just testing my first cake!! Could I be doing something wrong???PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

6 replies
alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:17am
post #2 of 7

call up the person you bouhgt it from or the company of the oven. good luck

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:38am
post #3 of 7

The first thing you need is an oven thermometer. Is it a gas oven? Did you have it installed and calibrated by a professional ? There are just too many different things that it could be.

monnitas0808 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 5:35am
post #4 of 7

No it's electric...the guy just came to drop it off and that's it....no manual just here it is those are the knobs and that's it!! Yeah I think I have to call but I was hoping I didn't have to return it and maybe it's something I'm doing wrong!!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 7

google the name and model of the oven. you can usually get most manuals on line these days. at the least I suspect you can buy it from the manufacturer. hopefully you didn't buy the stove "as is" in case it really is broken. but i would stop fiddling with it until you know what you are doing so you don't accidentally mess it up.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 7

is this possibly the site you need?
http://www.vulcanhart.com/products/ovens.cfm?productcat=2

if it is -- click on "product literature" on left side menu.

monnitas0808 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 7

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I bought it with a 30dy warranty. And it's been 15 dys icon_eek.gif I am so glad I tested it out!!! But thank you I called the company and they said they'll send a technician to their cost...pheww!!!
HAPPY BAKING!!

CUPCAKE KISSES,
MONIQUE icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%