I Knew I Was Due For A Disater......

Decorating By heathercarnold Updated 25 Mar 2007 , 12:46am by cakes21

heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:45am
post #1 of 11

okay...this was my worst cake disaster ever! My mom asked me to make a cake for her work, all week long she has been talking up how great my cakes are and so on..so i worked on a 2 tier cake to take in to them to kinda show off my skills. Well on my way the cake fell over..!!!! i had to slam on my brakes when a car pulled out in front of me and plump..the cake was all over my car...i saw it starting to fall out of the corner or my eye and put my hand back to stop it and all i got was a handfull of cake..! So i drive to the first trash can i could find and through the whole thing way!! Called my mom and told her about it...got a cake from safe way...egh..what a disaster. At least no one was paying me for it..it was just for one. But still.....
At least i got a before shot! icon_smile.gif
LL

10 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:16am
post #2 of 11

It does look reat pre-accident. I can't imagine something like that happening! I'm sorry,but the cake did turn out great!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 11:24am
post #3 of 11

Oh your cake was so cute!!! Sorry about the accident icon_sad.gif .... I had one fall off the table onto my 4 yr old once...twasn't pretty lol

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 11

Ohhh ... I'm so sorry that happened to you! The cake so was cute!!! I hate cake disasters!!! icon_cry.gif

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 11

So sorry this happened!!!! icon_sad.gificon_mad.gif

I hope you took the picture in with you so they could see your wonderful work next to the Safeway one they got.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 11

oh-oh-oh how terrible icon_sad.gif
but what a darling cake, and yes, thank goodness it was a "favor cake" and not a paid cake icon_surprised.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 11

Oh, that's sad. Happily your slamming on the brakes stopped the car and there were no injuries, except the cake. Maybe, you could offer to do another one as a "gift" so they can see your skills and talent.

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 11

So sorry that happened to you and such a great looking cake. I like it so much it is going in my favorites. Are the diamonds, swirls and letters all chocolate? if not what are they made of?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 11

What a shame and I am sorry for you this happened!

I like the way you put the names on the cake. It is very pretty in every way. Maybe you can make them another one for Easter since it is so close at hand now.

mommyto2cuties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto2cuties Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 8:26pm
post #10 of 11

Oh no! I am so sorry!! That is such a beautiful cake!

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 12:46am
post #11 of 11

Oh your cake was so cute. Sorry it didn't end up that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%