So Excited But Need Help Please

Decorating By Lenette Updated 7 Mar 2006 , 3:36pm by mtdk454

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!! I've missed being on here, really bogged down with school. I have an opportunity to donate a cake to a local event. It is primarily geared toward women. The cake is for award recipients and will be displayed with my contact info for 2 hours prior to the awards ceremony. I am so happy!! This could be the ticket to building my business as over 1,000 people should be there!! So I really need a WOW cake. I don't want to do a sheet cake, it needs to be a centerpiece, attention grabbing, and memorable. I have free reign on the design. Also, my icing is a butter and shortening combo. Do I have to worry about it melting? If the cake disintegrates that could be the end for me.

HELP PLEASE!!!

4 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

Have you done a topsy turvy cake? Those are always eye opening... or do something like a wedding cake but maybe geared towards off the wall colors or something. Good luck and post the pic afterwards. icon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 2:03am
post #3 of 5

First think color, then think specific words.. Think fun, cool and funky.. Look check this out. maybe doing a positive saying going around the cake.. here are a few that come to mind..From Boween.. You have to check out her photos.. Just amazing!
LL
LL

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 5

Themed cakes (especailly 3-d) always "wow" me. What about something geared toward the orgnaization or toward women (since you mentioned it will be mostly women)...

good luck!

mtdk454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtdk454 Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 5

I agree that 3D cakes do it for me too! You should do a carved cake and really show your abilities. A purse or shoe or something fun for Girls!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%