Woo Hoo Butter Cream Dream!

Decorating By darlene_000 Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 1:53pm by darlene_000

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:14pm
post #31 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaby

It sounds great! How can you make this CHOCOLATE butter cream dream?????

Simple....I just add about 3/4 C cocoa powder to the icing and use just a tad extra milk when mixing. Sometimes I also use a little corn syrup to make it fluff a little more!

I could eat a bowl of this stuff just by itself! icon_rolleyes.gif

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:32pm
post #32 of 58

Ok...silly question (I'm sure if I looked hard enough at the grocery store I could answer it, but I'll ask anyways...)
What is the equivalent "cups" measurement for a "stick" of butter?? The stick of butter I buy is 1 lb or 2 cups (same thing)

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 58

a stick of butter is 1/2 cup

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:30pm
post #34 of 58

I too am a BCD lover! i recently decided to just "try" the receipe and have gottten the most amazing compliments. I will never use just regular buttercream again. Thanks for whoever came up with it!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:34pm
post #35 of 58

Well it's one of the highest rated recipes on here and has had many reviews, so it's pretty trustworthy. I tell myself I'm going to try it, and yet don't. icon_redface.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:47pm
post #36 of 58

bc dream is the only bc i've ever used and i'll never change! i do alter it a bit to play with taste. i don't like the chocolate bc dream recipe, though. there's something i just don't like about it.

i do know that you can't leave bc dream out of the fridge for more than a few days or it will turn. (it gave me a tummy ache icon_sad.gif )

it comes back very nicely when it comes to room temperature, though. and it keeps refrigerated for quite a while.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:50pm
post #37 of 58

I tried BCD last weekend and it is FANTASTIC! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Don't think that I will go back to any other BC unless someone requests something else. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:51pm
post #38 of 58

Let me ask -- does this buttercream dream crust? (I've never used it.)

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:57pm
post #39 of 58

is this bcd whipped?

jescapades Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:01pm
post #40 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Let me ask -- does this buttercream dream crust? (I've never used it.)

yep, it sets up very nicely to do either the melvira method or the viva towels method.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:03pm
post #41 of 58

Ooooh! I'll definitely have to try it! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:07pm
post #42 of 58

I recently made it for the first time..it is WONDERFUL!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

jescapades Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:07pm
post #43 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1356

is this bcd whipped?

i'm not sure what you mean by whipped (as i can't compare it to other bcs. since i've never used any others), but when i make it, i use the whip attachment on my ka and it comes out very fluffy.

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:59pm
post #44 of 58

Ok Thanks. Ill have to try it.

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 3:17pm
post #45 of 58

Can it really stay out of the fridge since it has milk in it?? I would think not, but I do know that you can leave butter out at room temp. Could you substitute water for the milk? I use the choc. buttercream recipe on the back of the hershey's cocoa container and I leave out the milk so that I can leave the cake out and its SO YUMMY!!!!!

Anyone looking for a good choc. buttercream icing check the back of your hershey's powdered cocoa container, I eat it by the tablespoons!!!!!!!!

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 3:19pm
post #46 of 58

Has anyone tried the recipe with whipping cream instead of milk? Does it make it flufflier? Do you think this would work? I'm thinking that the cream would give it a creamier texture.

Uberhipster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uberhipster Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 3:31pm
post #47 of 58

Awesome! I've been wanting to try a different BC other than the Wilton one. I've been meaning to try the Italian BC Meringue frosting, but it just looks so tricky...

Can anyone compare BCD and IBCM?

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 1:53pm
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersoave

Can it really stay out of the fridge since it has milk in it?? I would think not, but I do know that you can leave butter out at room temp. Could you substitute water for the milk?

you probably could sub water for milk, although IMO milk tastes "creamier" it is said that the sugar acts as a preservative and that is why you can leave it out. I leave my bc out all the time.. whether its made withe milk, water or creamer

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 2:53pm
post #49 of 58

I just tried the BCD for the 1st time this weekend and OMG it's soooo wonderful!! Will never use another BC again.

I kept the cake referigated as wasn't sure about the milk or butter, but it did crust up very nicely, and the cake still looked, and tasted, wonderful after we pulled it out of the fridge.

the only problem i had was the Red and Black colors didn't mix very well. Not sure what to do about that. thumbsdown.gif

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 3:30pm
post #50 of 58

Do I use the paddle or whisk attachment for this recipe?

and do I need whole milk or will 2% be alright?

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 3:31pm
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis52

Do I use the paddle or whisk attachment for this recipe?

and do I need whole milk or will 2% be alright?

I use the paddle attachment. I use whatever milk I have on hand.

jescapades Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 3:44pm
post #52 of 58

i use my whip attachment and whole milk (actually, lactiad) because it's what my boys drink.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 3:55pm
post #53 of 58

My recipe is very similar to BCD (except its all salted butter) and 4 TBS whipping cream and then the rest thin as needed with milk. I have used all milk when I didnt have whipping cream in and to be honest I can't tell much of a difference. I think the whipping cream probably cuts a little more sweetness, but since I use all salted butter, that probably does that as well. I think it stays a bit thicker with the whipping cream....so I have to be careful when I dont have it to not add as much milk, because then its too thin.

Isaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isaby Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 9:00pm
post #54 of 58

Can you add melted chocolate to this buttercream dream instead of cocoa powder to make it chocolate? I am going to try this soon!

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 9:03pm
post #55 of 58

Thats how I make it.

I melt a bag of chocolate chips, and add them in at the beginning when creaming the butter & shortening-- it makes an awesome chocolate BC.

Isaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isaby Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 6:37am
post #56 of 58

Thanks darlene_000 !!!
So you use a whole bag, huh? That sounds simple enough! Thanks for answering my question, and I can't wait to try it!!!

jescapades Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:30pm
post #57 of 58

i added melted chocolate to bc dream last week and i didn't like it at all. it was hard to work with, it changed the texture and i just didn't care for it. icon_sad.gif

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:53pm
post #58 of 58

Jesica, when did you add it??? I add melted chocolate to the butter & shoterning stage, and cream it in-- Ive had no issues with the texture, its makes a very smooth creamy chocolate BC. Maybe it was the chocolate you used?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%