Need Ideas For Filling For A White Cake

Decorating By auntiemcakes Updated 26 Mar 2007 , 2:24am by maryjsgirl

auntiemcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiemcakes Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 19

I have a baby shower to work on tonight and the person giving the shower left the flavor up to me and I am at a loss. It is for about 40 people and I don't want to alienate anybody with a weird flavor that nobody likes. The cake is white cake and it will be carved. I am polling to see what you all would use for filling. Thanks in advance.

18 replies
cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 19

Raspberry and strawberry are my two most popular fillings with white cake. Both go wonderfully with white cake. Personally, I'd pick raspberry. YUM!!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 19

Raspberry preserves are my number one request to. Sometimes I get onto google and search favorite cake flavors and see if I can come up with something great that way. I like to do 2 layers of preserves or even a lemon curd (very popular too) and the middle layer is buttercream.

Both of those I think would be pretty versitle.

Here are some from www.jtcakes.com: Lemon Lust A lemon-zested white cake brushed with a fresh lemon syrup and a layer of raspberry jam. Filled with a deliciously tart lemon buttercream. For real lemon lovers, we can add a thin layer of lemon curd between the cake layers instead of the raspberry jam.

Golden Hazelnut Moist yellow cake layers filled with a layer of hazelnut buttercream and a layer of coffee buttercream. If you choose, a thin spread of the best-tasting apricot jam on the cake is the perfect touch.

Raspberry Lime Rickey White cake splashed with a key lime syrup and filled with a layer of raspberry buttercream and a layer of lime buttercream. (Pistachio buttercream is a good alternative if you are not a fan of lime)

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:29am
post #4 of 19

doc_farms ... those combinations from jtcakes.com sounds fantastic. The Raspberry Lime Rickey sounds TO DIE FOR!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:37am
post #5 of 19

I like to use lemon curd, my own, in bc to make a mild to moderate citrus flavor. It's goes over very well. Also lemon curd alone is great.

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:40am
post #6 of 19

Hey, I just got back from visiting my family and had a birthday parties for my niece and nephew. They bought this cake from this place and had pecan filling. OH MY GOD! Its out of this world. How she make this? Any one has any ideas? icon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:40am
post #7 of 19

I agree with the lemon.

Or raspberry, or chocolate mousse, or orange curd, or strawberry...I could go on and on..I find white cake goes with almost everything!

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:41am
post #8 of 19

I agree with the lemon.

Or raspberry, or chocolate mousse, or orange curd, or strawberry...I could go on and on..I find white cake goes with almost everything!

pinklady1356 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 6:24pm
post #9 of 19

Has anyone have any idea of the pecan filling for the cakes? It was out of this world! I could have eaten the whole cake! It makes me wonder where she get this recipe for that pecan fillings. icon_biggrin.gif

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 19

I make a strawberry cheesecake filling that would be good. In each layer I put a thin layer og buttercream, followed by a thin layer of strawberry jam ( seedless), and then the cheesecake filling.

Cheesecake filling:
Beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 1/3 c. sugar on high speed until nice and thick. Then fold in one package instant cheesecake flavor pudding ( dry-not prepared) Refrigerate for 30 min. until nice and thick.
Hope that makes sense!

Irishprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishprincess Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 19

I'm all about the lemon curd blended with the BC to cut the tartness! I actually used a can of cherry pie filling in a pinch once, worked like a charm! Just don't forget the BC dam to keep the leaks in.

Good luck!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #12 of 19

I love Lemon and Raspberry together. Also Apricot. Yummy. Now Im wondering about this Pecan cake. What did it taste like??? Give us details.

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:20pm
post #13 of 19

Just want to add my two cents.(All the above flavors sounded so good I started to drool.) My favorite cake filling combo lately is cream cheese icing-- like the kind you use for carrot cakes-- and a thin spread of SEEDLESS raspberry jam. I've had great feed back on this. BTW, some directions tell you to heat up the jam or preserves first in order to spread it. Not necessary. Just scoop it out of the jar into a small bowl, stir it up good, then spread it on.

pinklady1356 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:37pm
post #14 of 19

let me tell you about this pecan filling. I dont know how she did that. It was out of this world. Thats all I can say. Wish I knew how she did that and I would share it with you all. You have no idea how bad I want to find out how she did that.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR! icon_sad.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:18pm
post #15 of 19

Who made it? And can you ask how it was done? Could it hurt to try? You have me going on this!! Ü

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:34pm
post #16 of 19

My favorate and most requested is white almond cake with raspberry filling.... Just add a little almond flavoring to your white cake batter before baking. It makes a plain cake wonderful!!

pinklady1356 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:54pm
post #17 of 19

it was from some cake shop that my sister bought from. I have to find out more.

icon_smile.gif

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 10:41pm
post #18 of 19

I made the White Almond Sour Cream Cake with strawberry pie filling and fresh strawberries for dinner today. It was delicious. Next time I will make more layers so I can have more of the strawberry filling. I was afraid of over filling because I did that before and had filling oozing out.

darkchocolate

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 2:24am
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1356

it was from some cake shop that my sister bought from. I have to find out more.

icon_smile.gif

The first thing that came to my mind would be making the coconut/pecan frosting for german chocolate cakes, but exclude the coconut. Did it have a similar texture?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%