Groom's Cake Chocolate Cake Recipe???

Decorating By kanchaser55 Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 9:39pm by doc_farms

kanchaser55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanchaser55 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 3

Anyone have a slammin' chocolate cake recipe for a groom's cake? Should I just use a fudge cake mix? I will be doing a round basketball so it has to work for that.....anyone tried a pound cake type with the round pan???

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

2 replies
SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 3

I haven't tried it in a round pan or anything but the chocolate version of the (WASC) white almond sour cream cake is very very good. It's pretty dense so it might be good for a pan like that. HTH icon_smile.gif

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

I have heard that Nati's chocolate recipe is FABULOUS! I haven't personally tried it yet though because I don't have a scale yet.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2107-Dark-Chocolate-Mudcake.html

I always like BC triple chocolate. Then I use a box of choc pudding mix, extra chocolate chips, and the extender or a couple extra eggs (for the stability needed for a shaped pan).

I find the most important thing about chocolate cake is to never never let it get dry. Just make sure to bake on the shortest setting and then start checking (not too much to make it fall). Once the toothpick comes out mostly clean is when I pull it out. Everyone always loves my chocolate cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%