Need Grand Opening Ideas......

Decorating By Michelle104 Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 9:41pm by Doug

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 3:31am
post #1 of 10

Hi all! I got a call today to do a cake for a grand opening for a physical therapy group. I really would like to try to do something really cool as this will get me lots of exposure. Anyone have any ideas?? I found one cake in the galleries that has all the equipment done in mmf on top of the cake. I was wondering if anyone out there has any brainstorms for me???? Thanks everyone!!!

9 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 10

Have you seen what the building looks like or their logo? You could do a 3D cake.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakedecorator

Have you seen what the building looks like or their logo? You could do a 3D cake.

That was my initial thought- a 3-D replica of the building.

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 10

Wow that would be something if you could pull it off!

Gapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gapi Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 10

I think may be you should go to the place and look around and see if you see anything that gives you ideas. I don´t know much about the subject but maybe a tier cake with a person going up or climbing a ladder to the top of the cake (reaching their goals). Or a lot of stars. Hope this helps!

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 10

A logo cake would be neat.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for all these ideas! I really like them all. Not sure if I could pull off the 3D building but that sounds really cool! They for sure want the logo on there. I haven't seen it yet but it's some sort of running man.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 10

Someone on here posted a 3-D Alamo cake where they used a picture for the front of the building. That could be really neat - if they have a cool office building.

What all do they do in physical therapy? Casts, tread mills, massage tables, weights. You could put all of these things on the top of a sheet or around the sides and top of a layered. Even better, since it's physical therapy, do a topsy turvy (uphill climb on the recovery bit) with the weights, etc along the sides.

DeniseO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseO Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 10

I recently did a cake for an open house and used a photo of the employees and placed it on the cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:41pm
post #10 of 10

if mind you IF they have a great sense of humor....

the old fashioned horror movie dungeon rack --- you know that thing they chained people to and then turned the wheels at each end to stretch them

slogan:

we'll stretch you back into shape!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%