Need Ideas/photos For Teachers Cake

Decorating By EverlastingSweets Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm by EverlastingSweets

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:39am
post #1 of 6

Heya friends!
I need some ideas, I am making a cake for my daughters Teacher Appreciation luncheon. I really want to wow them so I can also get noticed!
The theme is "You are Stars" and they want a Hollywood, Bling theme for everything.
I have a 3 seperated tiers cake stand, so I will be making a 8", 10" and a 12".
Does anyone have any ideas they would care to share? I was thinking each tier to have some gold luster dusted stars cascading on wires out of each center, but thats all I got...
Thank you!
icon_smile.gif

5 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 6

How about the Hollywood walk of fame. You know where the stars are in the walk. Maybe you could do this on the side of the cake layers with different teachers names in the stars (minue the handprints).

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakedecorator

How about the Hollywood walk of fame. You know where the stars are in the walk. Maybe you could do this on the side of the cake layers with different teachers names in the stars (minue the handprints).

That's a cute idea!

kanchaser55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanchaser55 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 6

How about an "American Idol" theme?? You could have the teachers as the "idols"... It could be fun!! : )

I am a teacher and I would get a kick out of it!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 6

Is there any way you could get pictures of the teachers and do mini chocolate transers of them??? Make them kinda cartoony. Maybe an "Oscar" out of gumpaste or fondant and spray it gold for a topper. I love the walk of fame idea that was what I thought of first when I read your post.

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 6

thanks all! I like the walk of fame idea. I was thinking a half sheet, with an Oscar statue on one end, and the red fondant carpet going down the cake, kinda sprawling on over the edge of the cake. Then I can put the stars (walk of fame) on the sides of the cake.
Great ideas!
I have a starting point!
Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%