Need Help For Cupcake Filling...asap!!

Decorating By dacakelady Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 8:56pm by p_hernandez

dacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacakelady Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 17

Hello CCR's... I've decided today that I would donate some cupcakes for a coworker's party on Saturday and I would like to fill some of them with creme filling... the thing is - what type of filling is typically used? I would prefer a vanilla creme or can cupcakes be filled with just buttercream? I would really appreciate advice on this so I can put everything together tomorrow evening. Thanks!!!

16 replies
beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 17

i think you can fill them with just about anything you would fill a cake with. buttercream sounds yummy!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:35am
post #3 of 17

I filled my Chocolate cupcakes with the twinkie filling from here! Yummmmo

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:14am
post #4 of 17

There is a very yummy cupcake on Food Network..think it was on the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade show. Let me see if I can find it....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25249,00.html?rsrc=search

I've had them, very yummy filling!

swoods982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swoods982 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:17am
post #5 of 17

I just did a spice cake and used a homemade pumpkin filling.
I mixed cream cheese with pureed pumpkin and vanilla pudding mix along with a little heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice. Its delicious and I plan on using it for cupcakes too!

You could use it with spice cupcakes or cinnamon swirl, I think even chocolate would be good!

dacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacakelady Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate them. They all sounded very tasty. I had found a filling recipe from another site and tried it. The filling was tasty and everyone loved the cupcakes(especially the ones that has strawberry filling along with the creme filling. mmmmm good)

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 17

Do share what the filling recipe was...do you have a link to the site? Always ready to get new recipes icon_biggrin.gif

kerrixx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerrixx1 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:37am
post #8 of 17

Wow. I'm glad I found this thread. It's exactly what I was looking for. So what's the BEST way to put in the filling? Do I just use an icing tip and put it down in the cupcake and squeeze in the filling?

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:45am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrixx1

Wow. I'm glad I found this thread. It's exactly what I was looking for. So what's the BEST way to put in the filling? Do I just use an icing tip and put it down in the cupcake and squeeze in the filling?

Yes! thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:03am
post #10 of 17

There are like cannoli tips I think icon_smile.gif or eclair tips. I've had the strawberry/cream cheese/marshmallow creme filling and that is very good also

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 17

How much filling do you use?

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 17

You just squeeze it in and pull the tip up out of the cupcake. Don't put too much or the cupcake will split. It takes a little trial and error.

kerrixx1 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:14pm
post #13 of 17

What I did was gently touch the top of the cupcake with one hand and pipe the filling in w/ the other and count to four. You can feel the top of the cupcake expanding w/ the filling and that'll give you a pretty good idea of how much you're getting in there. Of course, trying one to find out for sure is the best part! icon_biggrin.gif

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:15pm
post #14 of 17

I had left over cookies n cream filling and I added it to some cupcakes and they were great! JAT

kerrixx1 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:16pm
post #15 of 17

Ooohh...that sounds yummy! You just can't seem to go wrong w/ filling cupcakes!

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:17pm
post #16 of 17

Swoods982- YUMMY!! I've got to try that. I LOVE pumpkin and spice. Thanks for sharing that idea.

p_hernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
p_hernandez Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:56pm
post #17 of 17

I would like a strawberry fillinig any recipes? I fill my cakes with strawberry glaze & fresh strawberries will the glaze work??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%