Poor Poor Teddy(Picture Of Finished Teddyii!)

Decorating By ge978 Updated 6 Mar 2006 , 4:34pm by JamesSweetie

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 79

I posted about this cake in the HOW DO I forum before I started it...it was supposed to be a stand up panda. I thought he'd be more appropriate in the disaster forum. Oh well, guess I'll start over icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
LL

78 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 79

he's got cake balls written all over him!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 79

You might be able to stick the piece that broke off back onto the main cake with buttercream. Something like that happened to me before and that's what I did. You could never tell once it was all covered in BC.

lng_1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lng_1978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 79

I AGREE WITH CHRIS J. IT'S NOT A DISASTER...JUST STICK THE "HUNK" OF CAKE ON HIS HEAD. NOONE WILL EVER KNOW...AFTER YOU ARE DONE DECORATING IT!

GOOD LUCK!

LES

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 79

amen, chrisj,
frosting covers over a multitude of messups. LOL

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 79

Oh yeah! And I've had a WHOLE BUNCH of those. LOL

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 79

OH NO!! I just looked over & saw this: Oh Teddy why did this happen to you? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Okay, now its out of my system :lol

Do you still think I can save him icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif
LL

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:48pm
post #8 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

he's got cake balls written all over him!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Poor guy...either way, it will be eaten!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:48pm
post #9 of 79

Still looks yummy! He's just asking to be eaten up! icon_lol.gif

wendysue Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

OH NO!! I just looked over & saw this: Oh Teddy why did this happen to you? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Okay, now its out of my system :lol

Do you still think I can save him icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Do you have a poltergiest? lol

Looks like someone's been messing with teddy! icon_surprised.gif

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:50pm
post #11 of 79

THIS LOOKS LIKE AN "OH NO MR. TEDDY" MOMENT! LOL LOL LOL LOL

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:50pm
post #12 of 79

WHat the heck happened? icon_sad.gif Cake balls sound very good!

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:51pm
post #13 of 79

Is it because of the heating core? I swear I could never get that stand-up bear pan to work with the core and I finally had to just use it without it and had success. I think it's just me, though. Everyone else seems fine with it. My cakes kept breaking.

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:52pm
post #14 of 79

He was sitting untouched the whole time...as soon as I got the first picture uploaded & posted it I turned around & well you know the rest!!

dsoutherngirl: I'm not sure, but thats what it looks like at the moment. I might try it again without it.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:00pm
post #15 of 79

How quickly did you take him out of the pan after you took him out of the oven? If he doesn't cool enough in the pan--he is going to keel over like that.

Also--when I make him I always take out the heating core before I remove him completely from the pan.

And--what type of batter did you use? Generally, a mix of a pound cake and a regular cake mix will do. When I do him chocolate, I use DH Chocolate Fudge and a package of choc fudge pudding and add in an extra egg. I believe it's the recipe for the DH Chocolate poundcake found on the side of the box.

I've never had him decapitate like that. Looks like gravity did a number on him.

Hopefully your next one will work better.

Lisa

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:05pm
post #16 of 79

Lisa: I followed exact instructions on the bear box as far as cooling. I usually go by my own times, but I've never used him before so I thought I would follow directions.
I was going to take the heating core out, but he was broken in the middle, so I thought that would make it worse. I figured I could leave it in and patch up the holes...guess not icon_lol.gif

I should have used a pound cake/cake combo, but I was being lazy & didn't want to run to the store. I did the DH devils food, doctored it the way I usually do, but I added an extra egg.

I guess I will try again & see what happens...maybe I can even keep someone else from ending up in the disaster forum - gotta find the bright side I guess.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:07pm
post #17 of 79

Here I was getting ready to try my first 3-d cake the rubber ducky....lol Im thinking I might need to wait.....lol I made cake balls last night they are yummy so you can call them teddy balls.. OK that sounded bad icon_redface.gif lol anyway try them they are good... As to mr teddy I think he just wasn't ready to shine yet... Try it again Im sure it'll do great!.. LOL I'll pray for you if you pray for me and Mr. Ducky.... Quack Quack!

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:10pm
post #18 of 79

Helendelk: Teddy balls...you are funny icon_lol.gif Don't worry about Mr. Ducky...I'm sending good thoughts your way. Teddy needs all the prayers he can get icon_biggrin.gif

princessjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessjellybean Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:13pm
post #19 of 79

so sorry for you and your bear...i know how you feel...like i said before i made this bear 3 times to get it right... heres a link that jenn2179 (thanks jenn2179 icon_biggrin.gif ) gave me for a recipe and it worked!!!!
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=57996&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
icon_cool.gif . I didnt try this recipe at first because the amount of crisco was a bit off putting, but it worked and tasted great. I sent to cake to the zoo with my husband for them to eat, because i just made the cake to practice. They loved and said it was the best tasting cake i had sent so far (they've only had mix cakes so far...havent ventured into scratch yet...but am going to try one this weekend--fngers crossed). This batter is very thick, makes a generous amount..i had leftover and baked a 6 inch round. It may be worth a try...took me three trys to get it right icon_rolleyes.gif i was ready to throw out the bear pan, but my hubby was like nope you will get it...keep trying...he even helped me search for recipes on the net...

hope the next one turns out... thumbs_up.gif

dsoutherngirl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:22pm
post #20 of 79

lol@ teddy balls icon_biggrin.gif

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:24pm
post #21 of 79

OMG, I'm laughing so hard I'm tearing up icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw..."Do you think he can still be saved?"...LOL icon_eek.gif I'm glad you've got a good sense of humour about it, poor teddy really IS "A slice of god help me" ! icon_lol.gif

When life gives you broken teddy cakes, make teddy balls! thumbs_up.gif

wendysue Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:28pm
post #22 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSweetie

When life gives you broken teddy cakes, make teddy balls! thumbs_up.gif

LOL!!! icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:30pm
post #23 of 79

princessjellybean: I'm thinking this one is going to be at least 3 tries icon_surprised.gif thank you for the link to the recipe, but as you can probably see I am baking impaired..I have never made a scratch cake that has come out. I've even tried some of the recipes raved about on here & I think its just me. I am however going to try the next one with the poundcake combo. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Jamessweetie: Sometimes you just have to laugh...looking at Teddy I couldn't do anything but!!

JamesSweetie Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:33pm
post #24 of 79

Well I can say with full honesty that this thread has made my entire day, I am still laughing! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:35pm
post #25 of 79

And finally...the last of Teddy. This is what he became when I took out the heating core:
LL

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:39pm
post #26 of 79

ge978, Thanks for the laugh! That darn teddy is probably the reason cake balls were invented to begin with. You will find several threads on teddy disasters, so know you are in good company!!

JamesSweetie Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:39pm
post #27 of 79

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif ROFL!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif POOR TEDDY!!! He does look tasty though......mmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate!!!!

I feel so much better though that your counter looks exactly like mine after I bake a cake! My kitchen ends up looking like the baking aisle of the grocery store exploded!

dsoutherngirl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:44pm
post #28 of 79

oh good lordy mercy! I just saw the final teddy picture! icon_cry.gif Teddy Balls here we come!!!!!!!!!

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:44pm
post #29 of 79

Newtodecorating....I knew cake balls had to start somewhere...believe me I am having a good laugh right now also.

Jamessweetie: I was wondering how long it would take someone to comment on the mess in the background icon_lol.gif I am a total pig when it comes to baking...powdered sugar is covering my whole table, floor, face, hair, child..you name it icon_lol.gif

dsoutherngirl...maybe I can post a tutorial on "teddy balls"...I'll have to pm Jackie icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:47pm
post #30 of 79

Let me say for the record....that stinks!!!!

I've always used a butter recipe cake mix with no problems, but have never tried chocolate (and now probably never will).

Laugh it up and move on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%