Help

Decorating By detola2 Updated 22 Mar 2007 , 4:20pm by milal

detola2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
detola2 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys,

Iam a young cake decorator and i have been invited to do a cake demo on tv for 3 mins and i am at aloss at what to do. I have to be able to keep the audience entertained for three mins to win a thousand pounds pls help.

3 replies
noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 4

What about preparing a mini wedding cake. Use a pre-baked 8x8 rectangle cake. Use 2 or 3 different sized biscuit cutters to form the tiers and spread with buttercream. Have premeasured rolled fondant to cover each tier and top with a freash edible flower or any other pre-shaped decoration. Great wedding shower or redesigned for baby shower favors. Since you only have 3 minutes some of the steps to the process will have to be done ahead of time. Hope this helped, good luck!!

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 4

sorry, i meant 8x8 square cake, still too early in the am i guess icon_surprised.gif(

milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 4

That sounds like a great Idea. If you have the new mini cake pans, you can have them ready and make a few different types of wedding cakes, keep the base fondant the same and do different types of accents on them. You can also have some pre decorated to show after your demo and give them to the audience! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%