Funny! At Least To Me.

Decorating By misterc Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 4:04pm by misterc

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 14

I thought my fellow CCers could laugh with me on this. I made my first gum paste shoe last night. Well, my 3yo daughter just came crying saying she broke her new fancy shoe she found, she was devistated. That fancy shoe was my first gum paste shoe(good thing it was just a practice shoe). She thought it was a dress up shoe and actually tried it on. I guess gum paste just isn't ment to be worn!

If I had been watching her and not surfing CC I would have missed out on the whole traumatic experience because it never would have happened. Thank goodness for CC!

13 replies
jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 14

Thats funny. icon_smile.gif I can just picture her excitement at find a single beautiful shoe just her size. At least you know you made it right it she couldn't tell it wasn't a real shoe. icon_smile.gif

misterc Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 14

That is one way to look at it. I reassured her that we could find some new dress up shoes at the store that won't break. The whole thing was so innocent and cute! But then I am her mom so it would be to me.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 14

Aww how sweet icon_smile.gif

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 14

My 2yo tried eating my first gumpaste baby booties. She always takes little pieces of fondant when i make cake so she thought it was the same....She was pretty disdapointed with the taste icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 14

awww how innocent! Sounds like you pulled it off even though it was a practice shoe! You sound like a good mom! and that is funny and cute! I am sure she will be happy to have new play dress up shoes! icon_smile.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 14

Trust me...all of us Moms said a big "AAAAAWWWEEEE!" when we read this one!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 14

That is too funny and sweet. I would have been roflmao.
[Trust me...all of us Moms said a big "AAAAAWWWEEEE!" when we read this one!]

So true![/quote]

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 14

too cute sounds like something my 3 year old DD would do if I could make gumpaste shoes that is. icon_lol.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:47pm
post #10 of 14

That is just so cute!! And now you know that if you make a shoe to go on a cake, keep it up way up high out of sight! icon_smile.gif

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:51pm
post #11 of 14

adorable story AND that is a compliment to you! Children will tell you straight out if something doesn't look like something. She REALLY thought it was a shoe! That is awesome! Good job apparently, post it next time before she wears it!

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:52pm
post #12 of 14

That sounds like my little Alaina!! Your shoe must have turned out really well!

These are the stories I like to read on here!!

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:34pm
post #13 of 14

That's really sweet! I just love those moments with our kids that just melt our hearts and make us love them even more. (I need to remind myself of those moments when trying to herd small kids out of the house to get to school on time. icon_redface.gif )

misterc Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:04pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCakesFL

adorable story AND that is a compliment to you! Children will tell you straight out if something doesn't look like something. She REALLY thought it was a shoe! That is awesome! Good job apparently, post it next time before she wears it!

I did post a pic of it last night in hopes to get some constructive critisism.
If you want to see it pre smashed here is a short cut(Iwould still love some suggestions on how to make it better).
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-178711-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%