Stand-Up Bear Pan Parts

Decorating By amecakes Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 11:04pm by Doug

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

I just bought an older version of the stand-up bear pan on ebay and noticed, that while the heat core is there, all of the clips to hold the two outer shell pieces together are missing thumbsdown.gif.

Can anyone tell me what these clips are made of, or any suggestions of what I can replace them with? Thanks so much in advance!!!

Cheers,
Ame

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 7

small binder clips work great

and

you can order replacement original style clips from Wilton:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3107DF-475A-BAC0-517051D099ACA8A8

and many online cake supply shops.

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Doug! Appreciate it!

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 7

Watch the shipping from Wilton though, I went online to buy these and there cheap but shipping was thru the roof. I would do what Doug suggested and use the binder clips.
I have a question though for Doug, they don't scorch or anything? Have you used these before?

Doug Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 7

binder clips are metal...you can get ones that aren't painted the traditional black.

no reason they should scorch.

advantage to binder clips -- multiple sizes.

-----

oh and I've also tied my 3-D pans shut w/ regular old twine (which can singe a bit) -- tho' this can be a bit tricky depending upon shape of pan and personal dexterity!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

oh and I've also tied my 3-D pans shut w/ regular old twine (which can singe a bit) -- tho' this can be a bit tricky depending upon shape of pan and personal dexterity!

Sorry Doug, but I'm imagining you with the bear pan (filled) under one arm and the twine in another. Your eyes are squinted partially in concentration and your tongue is out. ROFL. I'm sorry-I just do not have that personal dexterity and imagining it is way too funny!!! Good luck with all that! icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 7

for bear -- tie, then fill ---

it's that 3-D train (and others like it) that's a real pain -- fill then tie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%