Rant...

Lounge By TooCuteRose Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 4:08am by TooCuteRose

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 7

Okay so now I'm ranting...Neways I have court on Friday...See bout a month ago I had to go into court...Due to the fact that I violated my own Protection Order...It was a complete accident...But neways...I'm mad at the court system anyhows for giving my X his gun rights...But I was rushed to the hospital the day that I was supposed to be in court...They are holding me in contempt until I show just cause...I have never done anything illegal...Nor did I ever plan too...Does anyone know if this will go on my record...I didn't get arrested...And I have papers showing that I did go...
So the rant...
Why does the "justice" system have P.O.'s if they give the idiots their gun rights??? And how is it that if we violate our own P.O. by accident that we can get into trouble...Isn't the P.O. supposed to protect the individual and not the perp??? This is so dumb...And to think I'm having tons of medical issues on top of this...

6 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 7

They actually gave him gun rights when you had a EPO on him? icon_confused.gif DUH, do they think that you did that for fun or something? You had to have a really good reason for getting a EPO on him. I can't even begin to figure that one out. Anyway, good luck with everything.

TooCuteRose Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 7

ty so much...what makes it worse...he's a hunter...he knows how to use a gun better than most...so it totally pisses me off...and the clerk for the court called...n she said some offenses could (me accidentally violating the P.O.)...could put me in court!!! so now i'm totally freaked...

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:33am
post #4 of 7

Well, show them your hospital papers to show just cause for not being in court. Do you have a lawyer? If you can not afford one then go to legal aid and get help with this one asap. See if they can get the gun rights reversed. Stay clear

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:51am
post #5 of 7

Nothing can go on a "record" unless there has been a conviction. You haven't had that yet. If you present your paperwork, all should be copasetic. Make sure you don't throw any frustration while in front of the judge or in front of any member of the court (make nice with EVERY secretary you ever meet). If you don't have an atty, inquire about your ex's gun permits. What does his permit cover? Is it just for hunting, is it concealed carry? At any rate, inform the court. It could be a situation of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:18am
post #6 of 7

I say inform the court of the whole situation when you go, a judge will listen and understand the situation with all the factors in it, that is his job. I have read that those with a PO cannot have guns (my opinions on that whole issue considering a PO can be issued on an accusation alone without a conviction put aside for now) But I have to say I know you are upset but please refrain from making a commenting almost implying that all that own guns are idiots, that blanketing will get you no where.

Just my thoughts
~Alicia

TooCuteRose Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:08am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

I know you are upset but please refrain from making a commenting almost implying that all that own guns are idiots, that blanketing will get you no where.

Just my thoughts
~Alicia

...sry for any misunderstanding...my wording was not very accurate...
what i meant was the justice system (being idiots, not gun owners)...giving gun rights to those individuals that have PO's against them...there's a reason they have them...that's to protect someone from them...if they give them those gun rights what's the point of a PO...sure they kept their distance...but they have a gun that can go farther...if that makes sense...
to bear arms is a constitual right...and everyone has their right to have a gun or not...it does not bother me...and i'm all for everyone having their own choices no matter the subject...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%