Please Help - What Kind Of Stamps To Use For Fondant?

Baking By sugarsugar Updated 26 Feb 2006 , 9:23am by Lazy_Susan

sugarsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugar Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 9:17am
post #1 of 2

Hi there,

First post here - I just found the forum this weekend and love it already. icon_smile.gif

I'm hoping that you will be able to help me - I've seen some lovely cookies that are covered in fondant, and have a "stamped" initial or name. I would like to try this technique, and understand that a stamp is used - pressed into the fondant before it starts to dry. What I'm wondering is if there is a certain kind of stamp you need to get? Or, can you use any of the ink-style stamps that you can get at, say, a scrapbooking store? I'm going to be going shopping in the morning, and it would be really helpful if I knew what I should be looking for.

Thanks so much for your help!


1 reply
Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 9:23am
post #2 of 2

Hi and welcome to CC!! You're gonna love it here. There are tons of fabulous people with endless amounts of information.
I've never made the cookies that you are talking about but I'm sure you will get your answer from someone who knows icon_smile.gif There aren't too many people on this time of night but there will be lots more people here shortly.

Lazy_Susan icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%