Edible Images

Business By selecia Updated 25 Feb 2006 , 11:23pm by selecia

selecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selecia Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 4:18am
post #1 of 7

I've been looking all over town (Charlotte, NC) for the edible image paper and inks for the printers. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to find these things? I asked a local printer shop and it was as if I was speaking Greek icon_eek.gif ! I did come across someone saying to take the images to Sam's or Wal-Mart and just purchase the image without a cake. I'm thinking they'll look at me as if I'm speaking Greek too tapedshut.gif ! I'm not in business, but love to decorate for my students, family and friends.
Thanks for any info. in locating the paper, ink and/or printer.

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 5:57am
post #2 of 7

I believe this is one of those things you have to order online. icon_smile.gif

http://www.tastyfotoart.com/

http://www.kopykake.com/

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 6:02am
post #3 of 7

You can buy the printer locally if you get the right kind, but you usually have to order the ink and sheets.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 6:03am
post #4 of 7

hiya selecia,
Yes we make those images all the time for peeps.

selecia Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I will look online for the ink and papers. I was told you have to have a Cannon printer. I have one of those. I'll also look into getting the images from Wal-Mart or Sam's for now. Thanks.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 7

Well if you've used it with regular ink, you can't use it for edible images, you have to use a brand new one because the real ink will contaminate the images and are not safe to eat. icon_smile.gif

selecia Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 7

Oh, oh....thanks Kitagrl. I had not thought about that. If I can just buy the images (out in town), that seems like the way to go. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%