Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Chef's Jacket?

Decorating By kathik Updated 22 Mar 2007 , 6:50pm by justsweet

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 24

I'm not good with aprons and I'd really like a chef's jacket to wear when I work in the kitchen. Does anyone know a good place to get one? I want to ask for it for my b-day, but I'll have to tell dh where to find it. icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Kathi

23 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 24

If you check you local yellow pages, there should be a uniform supplier listed. You can usually find one there.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 24

Try www.bakedeco.com

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 24

Try Shirley's Uniforms in Raleigh. She is located off Capital Blvd near Highwoods.
Leslie

sandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandie Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 24

Try www.chefwear.com
I have ordered from them in the past.

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 24

This has lovely chef coats, perfect for a birthday gift...imo...http://www.crookedbrook.com/

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 24

I would check Shirley's Uniforms also. There is also a uniform outlet at the Factory Outlet in Smithfield.

Rachel4228 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel4228 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #8 of 24

I've always used Chefwear, both professionally and personally. They have several women-specific jackets that fit better than a regular chef jacket. Their pants are great if you're looking for those.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 24

icon_redface.gif am I the only one who read this post and immediately thought the iron-fist of 'Chef Doom' would be upon us? LOL ~ I can't stand wearing aprons either....... but I have seen the chef's jackets on eBay. icon_smile.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #10 of 24

I just purchased one from http://www.allheartchefs.com/ icon_biggrin.gif

Shipped extremely fast & cost 16.46 with a one line embroidered name with up to 20 characters. It came to 23.75 with shipping! I will go to them again.

afolk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afolk Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:04pm
post #11 of 24

I just ordered one and received it last week from www.happychefuniforms.com. They have women's sizes, and mine fits great! I ordered from there because it was the least expensive that I found. It was $28.85 w/shipping. White jacket, plus my name embroidered (for $3 or so). I found another site (www.culinaryclassics.com) that had nicer, colored ones, but I was looking for an inexpensive one for my first. Hope that's helpful!

kathik Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 24

Thanks everyone! I looked at a few of the sites already and will look at the rest when I have time. I never even thought there would be a place locally to look for one! You guys are great (as always)!

Okay CakeDiva73, what is the "iron fist of 'Chef Doom'"?

Kathi

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:33pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathik

Okay CakeDiva73, what is the "iron fist of 'Chef Doom'"?

Kathi

sorry, there used to be someone on here who had an unholy fit if you wore chef's white's without actually graduating from chef school (or whatever it's called) icon_razz.gif

Honestly, I would go out of my mind having to wear all that in the kitchen....I am so dang hot all the time.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 11:40pm
post #14 of 24

Wow, CakeDiva.

She's not here and you're still kicking at the corpse.

That's mighty adult of you, and mighty kind.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 1:11am
post #15 of 24

Please keep this on the topic of purchasing a chef's jacket thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:26pm
post #16 of 24

I'm glad this came up, I'm in the market for one myself! icon_biggrin.gif

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:58pm
post #17 of 24

Hi everyone

If you'd like you can try the happy chef, yes the happy chef, nice selection, decent prices. I've bought my daughter, who is a chef, both white and black french button jackets, they also embroider.

We've been very pleased with the service!

Michele

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:55am
post #18 of 24

Do any of these places sell the denim chef's jackets?

kathik Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 24

Thanks again for the ideas. I get really hot, too, but I want to be able to put something protective over my clothes when I'm cooking and then when I need to run out I can just whip it off and look nice. Plus I want to wear it when I'm making deliveries because I think it will look more professional.

Although they're quite expensive I'm looking at Crooked Brook because they have different colors and styles and since I'm not model sized they can give me a custom fit. Besides, if it's a birthday gift, I'd like it to be special!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kathi

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:38pm
post #20 of 24

i think dickies online has chef's jackets as well . .. i remember seeing them when i was looking for scrubs

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:44pm
post #21 of 24

If you don't want to order online and you have a Sur La Table near you, you can get one there.

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:45pm
post #22 of 24

Is there a Boscovs in your area? I bought mine there for 19.99 and then there was a coupon in the paper for 20% off. They usually give you the discount even if you don;t have a coupon. Then i took it to an embroydery store and had my company name put on it for $5.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm
post #23 of 24

I don't know if this helps any I just recently bought an apron on E-Bay from a seller named gifsandshirts

She will embroidered your name on the front. I had my name Flannery and paid $2 extra to add a shamrock. If you want something exta you can ask I'm sure she has it. Her work is beautiful.

I think with shipping I paid $12

They also have Toddler aprons. I bought my Grandchildren each one for home and for my house.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:50pm
post #24 of 24

I was looking at this one (pink, $24). they also have denim(second link plus other options)

http://www.bestbuyuniforms.com/detail.asp?id=FAM-C30pink

http://www.bestbuyuniforms.com/listing.asp?cid=66

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%