Nordic Bakeware

Decorating By heather2780 Updated 19 Mar 2007 , 2:31pm by darandon

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 12:14am
post #1 of 11

Have you guys ever used nordic? I saw a pan today shaped like a castle here the link http://www.jackscountrystore.com/detail.aspx?ID=7026
I like the idea I wonder how you would get the cake to not stick in all those nooks and crannys and also how would you decorate this it looks like you couldnt really smooth it out. would it be wiser to just carve a castle? ethier way if these are good pans they have a lot of great ones including little cupcakes that look like roses. there pretty pricy though at least they are around here.
edited to add link to nordic home page http://www.nordicware.com/

10 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 12:56am
post #2 of 11

never used it. heres a bump

joby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joby1 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:01am
post #3 of 11

I have a bundt pan by them and I have just used the spray with flour in it and have no problems!

HTH

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:06am
post #4 of 11

I have some vintage nordicware mini bundt pans and they work great. I bought them from flea markets. I just spray them very well, and the cakes pop right out. I make mini cream cheese pound cakes in them most of the time.
I like them also because they are rather heavy and well made. They will last forever.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:08am
post #5 of 11

Oh sure! Nordicware is the original creator of the Bundt pan. They have a wonderful selection of excellent quality cake pans. Don't be afraid to use them at all and the cakes always come out beautifully. I use the Crisco Baking Spray in my Nordic and other pans and have no problems, not even in the nooks and crannies. Just make sure you spray all of the areas. icon_smile.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:11am
post #6 of 11

thanks guys im think im going to have to add some of there pans to my ever growing wish list some of them are just stunning.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 11

I have that exact pan - the castle! The pans are coated with a non-stick finish on the inside, so I just use a spray-release (like Pam or other baking spray) and make sure it gets into all the nooks and crannies. Mine come out like a dream - very beautiful and detailed! I also have the one that is shaped like a heart - it's really nice too.

I always collect the Linen's & Things 20% off coupons when I want a new Bundt pan!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:26pm
post #8 of 11

I have the castle pan, also. If you use a yellow cake mix, all you'll need to decorate is a sprinkle of brown sugar. It will look like a sand castle. Or tint a white cake mix light blue and pour a sugar glaze over it and it looks like an ice castle. You can use a dark chocolate cake and it's great for a spooky castle.

hktaitai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hktaitai Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 11

I have several Nordicware pans, and like the others have said, you need to ensure that the nooks are well-greased. Even with the non-stick coating, cake will stick unless it's well-greased/floured.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:25pm
post #10 of 11

I want some of their pans. I just got the new JCPenney Cooking catalog and they have the coolest things. I recommend going to their website and checking it all out. I want the tea cake pan, mini pineapple upside down cake pan, Quartet pan and the bundt brownie pan.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:31pm
post #11 of 11

I have the nordic pan that is shaped like a football stadium. I use my cake release and brush it in to all of the little nooks and crannies. Cake pops out fine. Bakes up very nicely since they are so thick - it heats very evenly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%