Need Teapot Cake No Fondant !!

Decorating By dara64 Updated 23 Feb 2006 , 4:24am by Loucinda

dara64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dara64 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:33am
post #1 of 13

Hi yall , I want to make a teapot cake for a class im in but nobody likes fondant. If anyone has any photos or info on how to do this without using fondant ,would be super! Im a beginner also. icon_smile.gif

12 replies
MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:54am
post #2 of 13

Here is one from an old Martha Stewart issue and this is Premier Pasteries version.
LL

dara64 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:56am
post #3 of 13

Awesome thanks !!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:56am
post #4 of 13

There were some great teapots posted recently look at the gallery for tea pots..
Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=tea%20pot

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:56am
post #5 of 13

There is one in my photos that I have made too. It has more of a real teapot shape.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:57am
post #6 of 13

Here's a link to some google images also:
http://images.google.com/images?q=teapot+cake&hl=en

dara64 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:02am
post #7 of 13

Is there a place here somewhere on this site that might show me how to attach the spout and handle if attempt the gumpaste and is that the right thing to use to make the spout and handle look real?

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:12am
post #8 of 13

Quadcrew: I just had to post to say I LOVE that teapot!! Its very pretty.

Loucinda Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:13am
post #9 of 13

If you looked at the pics of my teapot, the way that I did it was to make them out of gumpaste a couple of days before making the cake itself so they have a chance to kind of dry. I used toothpicks in the handle and spout where they would attach to the cake. I put the toothpicks in while they were still soft so they would be dried into the handle/spout. I think it is real important to not make them too big. Get the pans out that you are going to use to make the teapot and make the handle and spout to fit. They are not hard to make freehand - (I used a little tykes teapot as a visual.) If you want it to be completely edible, use a thicker piece of spagetti instead of the toothpicks.

I then completely ice the cake with buttercream and smooth it with the viva then add the spout and handle and decorate around them.

Loucinda Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:15am
post #10 of 13

ge978 - thank you so much for the nice comments. I have made quite of few of them - I had just started taking pics of my cakes when I made that one. They're real popular for bridal showers here! icon_smile.gif

dara64 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:16am
post #11 of 13

Thanks so much QuadCrew ! Im going to try it out. thumbs_up.gif

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:19am
post #12 of 13

Quadcrew, I have to say those teapots are excellant.. very fragile looking...
I agree with ge978.... EXCELLANT!

Loucinda Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:24am
post #13 of 13

Thank you again, it sure makes me smile when someone says something nice about one of the cakes I really enjoy making. icon_smile.gif And you're welcome dara64 - if you have any questions, just ask!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%