Just Added Too Much Oil. Please Help.

Decorating By meggers Updated 18 Mar 2007 , 2:16am by meggers

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 6

I hope someone can answer this quickly. I am in the process of making the white almond sour cream cake but cutting the recipe in half. I wasn't thinking while I was adding the oil and did the full 4 Tbsp instead of 2 Tbsp. Is this going the mess up the cake? What can I do to make sure it turns out right?

5 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 6

I bet it won't hurt. Either mix up the other half without oil and blend them or just bake and see. I think it will be OK.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 6

Wellll....... I think I would just go ahead with it and see what happens.... it is to late to take it out.... you could double everything else and make a BIG cake.... LOL..... but I really think I would try it... it will be more dense, but that can be good too....... Good luck !!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 6

I've added too much oil before and I didn't have any problems, nobody could even tell the difference!

tammylenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammylenz Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 6

I thought I had heard somewhere on here that oil adds moisture so if your looking for more moiture then adding a little extra oil will help with that. I am not sure about this since I have never done it but I am pretty sure I saw that somewhere. I think it will be just fine and noone will notice.

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:16am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the comments. I guess I was a little more worried about it because it is for a friend of mine so I want to make sure it's good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%