New Contest Idea

Decorating By mcginnis Updated 28 Mar 2006 , 9:11pm by mcginnis

amos133 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amos133 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:07pm
post #31 of 50

Another newbie here that would enjoy participating in an all buttercream contest. icon_lol.gif

poppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppie Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:27pm
post #32 of 50

I might give that a try as a newbie. Let us all know. Everyone here is so good at what they do it helps us who are new to this get even better. Count me in.

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:27pm
post #33 of 50

that's a great idea. and I aslo agree no rolled BC.
m

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:43pm
post #34 of 50

I'm anxious to see if this idea goes through. Sure does have alot of support! thumbs_up.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:52pm
post #35 of 50

I think it's a great idea, too!! How do we make this happen?

Angie

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 1:28am
post #36 of 50

So??? is it going to happen? I would love to have this kind of contest because I am just no good at fondent and I would love to have a fighting chance with the all butter cream. Dont get me wrong, i love the creations that are made with the fondant and I have even voted for them but I would love to do this contest.

mcginnis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcginnis Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 1:55pm
post #37 of 50

Hi everyone,

I had e-mailed Jackie to bring her attention to this idea, and I'm waiting for a response. I don't know how else to go about bringing this contest to reality. Hopfully, she will take notice, and like the idea.

mcginnis

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 5:09pm
post #38 of 50

Please be patient on this everyone.

We only have 1 contest per month and we never announce the next contest until the current one is completed.

Jackie and I will consider this request as we determine each month what contest theme we want to run.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 8:38pm
post #39 of 50

good enough for me. thanks for letting us know Heath

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 1:41am
post #40 of 50

good enough for me also, and let me say that it is a wonderful idea to partner the theme of the March cake contest with a well deserving charity. it's what makes CC special--all the kind, giving people.

Heath Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:29am
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsuccess

good enough for me also, and let me say that it is a wonderful idea to partner the theme of the March cake contest with a well deserving charity. it's what makes CC special--all the kind, giving people.

This is a theme you should expect to see continue. Jackie and I are planning to make the involvement of charity with the contests a regular part of the program.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:45pm
post #42 of 50

I like the idea, too, of an all bc contest. Count me in! And Jackie & Heath - great thing you're doing involving charities!! thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif Anything that brings attention to a good cause is great in my book! icon_smile.gif

luannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luannie Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 7:48pm
post #43 of 50

me too, me too!!1 I love buttercream!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 7:56pm
post #44 of 50

Sounds good to me! No fighting with my fondant! Bring on the butercream!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 8:05pm
post #45 of 50

I love this idea, but I think it should still have a them, kinda like outdoorsy or flowery, etc.

We can vote on the baby shower cake contest the 24th, right?!?!

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 8:20pm
post #46 of 50

I prefer to decorate in buttercream and royal icing. Count me in too.......

randel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randel Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 3:06am
post #47 of 50

Would it be possible to run both competitions at the same time. That way we could choose which one to enter. I have never used Buttercream for decorating and I always used fondant, as this is the only way I have been taught.

sandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandie Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 3:09am
post #48 of 50

I like the idea, as a new decorator, that is what I mostly use.

Heath Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 7:11pm
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by randel

Would it be possible to run both competitions at the same time. That way we could choose which one to enter. I have never used Buttercream for decorating and I always used fondant, as this is the only way I have been taught.

We can't run two competitions as the same time as the prizes and charity donations come from the poor pockets of Jackie and I. We just don't have the budget to give multiple prizes and donations each month.

We will consider this theme for one of the upcoming contests but until I discuss it with Jackie I can't make any promises on which month it will be.

mcginnis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcginnis Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 9:11pm
post #50 of 50

Thanks Jackie and Heath for your response to this forum.

I am really glad to see the support for my idea of an all buttercream contest. It also leaves you the chance to come up with the theme, and having more charity themes is a great idea!

mcginnis
(Lisa)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%