What Can I Do W/ A 6 In & Half Sports Ball?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 12:10am by Doug

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 8

So I have two cakes in the freezer - a half sports ball that's chocolate and a 6 in that's vanilla. My mom had wanted me to do a cake for a friend's birthday that's on Sunday. I also have 3 cakes to do next week so she said to forget about it.... well of course now I can't! icon_smile.gif I actually have frozen cream cheese icing and I have these two cakes already baked.... I just don't really have any design ideas. The woman works at our church and is in charge of the children's programs for young kids - like babies to maybe 7 years - but mostly the younger end of the spectrum. B/c it's St. Patty's I thought maybe I could do something "St. patrick day" like..... but I need a quick and simple design b/c I have to do those other 3 cakes coming up too..... I know everyone here has great ideas - do you have any for me??? icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 8

sounds like the start of a hat to me...

w/ a big ol' shamrock deco sticking up from the hat band (or a hat band of shamrocks)

cakeboard is the brim, 6 in under the 1/2 sports to get the hump of the hat.

---------------------

Doug Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 8

or....

round under 1/2.

plunk down on very large covered cake board (say big enough to have 6 or more inches around cake on all sides)

ice cake to look like center of a sunflower.

create icing/fondant leaves on cakeboard.

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 8

ooh interesting ideas!! Thanks Doug!!!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 8

How about a pot of gold........

imartsy Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:03am
post #7 of 8

LOL doug that last one is too funny with the guy sort of "smoking" his pipe.... just too funny! Thanks for the ideas!!

Do you think a hat would be appropriate for a female's birthday though?? I think it's a cute idea..... I'm just not sure it really says "happy b-day"..... The pot of gold idea is cute b/c I might be able to write something that included gold in it.... like happy birthday to a golden oldie" or something funny - she's only like 30 something so she's not really old..... or you're more precious to us than gold or something like that - gosh those phrases sound really cheesy don't they!!! LOL.

Doug Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:10am
post #8 of 8

re: hat....depends upon the message

"here's hopin ya always wear the luck of the irish" ???

when wearin' the green,
your age won't be seen (or something like that)

----------

as for gold pot --- that's a really cute idea too.

(and just what is wrong w/ cheesy messages -- makes life fun!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%