Baking Auction..

Decorating By Krise Updated 21 Feb 2006 , 11:57pm by Sherry0565

Krise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krise Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 8

at my daughters school Fri. she wants me to make a 3d car cake, but I wanted to do something else. FUn and easy that would sell wonderfully... they could be cookies, brownines, or cakes. I would rather not do cookies. Haven't done any... thanks for any ideas! icon_cool.gif

7 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 8

Is it the adults or the kids doing the bidding? I remember doing these in high school where each class collected money and then bid for cakes out of the money they collected and then got to eat them at lunch. If it's the kids betting then you MUST do the 3d thing, it'd be a hit. If it's adults doing the biddning, then you could go with easy bundt cakes with a little icing drizzled over the top and a few pretty flowers.

lng_1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lng_1978 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 8

i did a cake for auction for our churches youth group. i have attathed a photo. it is a childish looking cake but the kids loved it! i got the idea from brightideas.com. that is a wonderful site for fun and easy projects.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=lng_1978&cat=0&pos=17

Les

Krise Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 8

Adults and kids will be doing the bids....
I love that ocean cake, it's lovely!

curlybop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlybop Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 8

Personally, I love the cakes that look like a gift. Wrapped in fondant, with colorful dots around, and a fondant bow. Something bright & colorful, maybe red, yellow, blue, green that will attract attention from all ages.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 8

How about doing a cake with the school's logo or mascot and in the school colors?

Or, brownies are an easy choice and should be quite popular! You could jazz them up with some caramel and pecans...now I'm hungry. icon_lol.gif

Krise Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 8

Great ideas guys thank you!

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 11:57pm
post #8 of 8

Cupcakes are always a big hit, Plus fun and easy to do! You can get really creative & festive with a CC stand, or make a CCC! I'm sure there won't be many of those there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%