Edible Image Ideas And Tips

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 20 Feb 2006 , 8:00pm by SheilaF

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 7

hey guys i just got my frosting sheets and "ink" in the mail and really want to get a few done before i need to do the real thing this weekend. i have the 1/4 sheets and wanted to do some for my dh to take to work. but i dont want to ruin anything and i've looked at a lot of topics where others have done just that.sooo...
can i freeze the sheets?
can i paint luster dust on them?
is it all right to store the sheets in the card board envelope?
can i air brush on them?
anything i forgot that you can help me with would be GREATLY appreciated!! tia thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
tabs8774 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 7

bump.... anyone have any tips ??

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 7

I've only used them once, so hopefully, someone else with more experience can answer your questions....

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 7

You can freeze the sheets after they're on a cake but be sure to let the cake thaw slowly in the fridge/avoid condensation.

You can paint on them w/dusts and airbrush them.

You should store them tightly sealed in a heavy ziploc bag so they don't dry out.

Tips: Print practice pages on regular paper at draft quality.

If they don't want to release from the backing after you've printed on them, the frosting sheet needs to dry longer. You can speed that up with a blow dryer. HTH

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 7

I've also been told not to let them be exposed to direct light for very long because they will start to fade/change colors. And if my icing has started to crust over, I will lightly spritz my cake with water from a spray bottle so the image will adhere to the cake. Otherwise, it doesn't stick very well.

tabs8774 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 7

THANK YOU !!!!!! i really appreciate you answering my q's. i cant wait to start this new thing! thank you again!!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 7

The spritz bottle w/water is a great idea! I'll have to remember that one next time too. My practice cake took a long time for the image to adhere. I'm sure it was totally b/c the frosting was crusted over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%