My Second Cake...yay! This Is Tooo Much Fun.

Decorating By amecakes Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 2:30am by sugarfancy

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

This cake is DEFINITELY not in the league that most of you decorate in...but I have to share because I'm just so proud to have put a design on the top of my cake for my son. It's Pocoyo, a character from the show of the same name. It shows in Canada and Europe...not sure about the States. Anyhoo...used the Melvira method to smooth out the icing (loved it!), and the piping gel transfer method to get my guy on there...must say though, details were difficult (using a number 3 didn't help either icon_redface.gif )...is there another method to do something like this, other than a FBCT?

Thanks all and thanks for looking (just click on my photos icon_smile.gif )

6 replies
Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 7

I think it looks very nice and your son will love it so much. Great job!!!

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 7

that looks good,, looks like such a cute character.. i love using the piping gel,, that's all i do. Makes me feel like an artist,, even though i can't draw a stick!

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 7

Looks great! Your icing is so smooth thumbs_up.gif

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone! Gotta love the Melvira method for the smooth icing...wasn't sure when I tried it (and my DH thought I was nuts when I asked him to pick up a foam roller while he was homedepot..."you're going to what?!?" icon_lol.gif )...but I couldn't believe the ease and results. Great stuff...and I have all you CC'ers to thank! Gawd...sounds like an acceptance speech *lol*. Just can't wait to make my next cake... icon_smile.gif

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:10am
post #6 of 7

very cute. looks just like Pocoyo. My girls love him too.

sugarfancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfancy Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 2:30am
post #7 of 7

Pocoyo looks very cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%