Please Remember My Family

Lounge By Katie-Bug Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 12:43am by Katie-Bug

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 25

My grandmother just called and they are on the way to the hospital with my grandfarther. He's been really sick the last few months, he stays sick at his stomach and can't keep any food down. He finally went to the ER last week. His blood pressure is extremely high, and they can't do anything with him until it gets down. The dr's called today and said to get him on down there, he has virtually no blood. He's been passing blood in his stool for over a month. They're going to admit him and give him some blood. Not sure what's going to happen next, but just please remember him. My farther is 50 and my grandfarther hasn't been to see a dr. since before my dad was born. I have been very lucky and I still at the age of 22 have all my grandparents. I'm sorry this is so long, I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm home alone and so worried.

24 replies
rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 25

YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS!

I am so sorry, stay strong and remember your cc family is here for you during this time!

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 25

I certainly will be praying for you and all of your family members.

Have faith!

Michele

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 25

We will be thinking of you and your family in this time of need. Know that God is also watching over your family.

Have faith!!

Patricia

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 25

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 25

Sending prayers for your family and you. Keep us posted and let us know how he is doing.

Jennifer.

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 25

You and your family are in my
thoughts and prayers.

sarahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahd Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 5:13am
post #8 of 25

You and your family are in my prayers.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 5:20am
post #9 of 25

You family is in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Katie-Bug Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 5:40am
post #10 of 25

Thank you so much! It's been a hard last bit for my family and this is going to be as well. My parents just got in a little bit ago and said he was now resting. They finally got his blood pressure down and are giving him blood. They've got the pain under control for now. I want this to be something minor but family has dealt with so much cancer and we are very worried. I plan on spending the day with them tommorow. I just hope that I can be stron. Thank you again.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 25

I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 12:09am
post #12 of 25

I hope they figure out what's wrong and your grandfather gets well soon. Take care.

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:51am
post #13 of 25

I will be praying for you and your family.

Katie-Bug Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:08am
post #14 of 25

They did several tests this morning and they found a large tumor. We haven't heard from the bisops yet, bu t the Dr's have done told us that they feel very confident it is cancer. They gave give three things of blood Friday, and they are giving him two or three more through the night. He has agreed to some treatments to try and shrink the tumor before surgery. They did more tests this afternoon and we should hear from them tommorow concering if it spread. I pray it hasn't. I feel so helpless and I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers. It helps just to write this, I hope no one minds. Thank you for prayers, please continue.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:22pm
post #15 of 25

Honey, write all you want. These things are so hard to understand, I know. There are many of us praying for you and your family. Keep us posted.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:18am
post #16 of 25

I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts! Here is a big HUG for you.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:15pm
post #17 of 25

I hope everything is going ok for you and your family .. cancer can be a very serious thing to deal with as Im sure you know ... but don't give up hope .. my grandpa just went through hodgkins lymphomia a few years ago and came through with flying colors .. in fact we tease my dad and uncle that their dad has more hair then them and he lost all of his and grew it back thicker then ever before! my thoughts are with you ...

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:17pm
post #18 of 25

Just said a prayer for you and your family. I hope everything turns out o.k.

Katie-Bug Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:38am
post #19 of 25

We had to give up my grandfather today. He died Saturday afternoon. He had some wonderful last days. Friday after he came out of surgery, his body went into shock and he has a bloodclot go to his heart. He didn't want any type of lifesupport,so after all the family made it to the hospital they removed his ventalater. He was saved and ready to go home. He is much better off today, we are the ones left to suffer. I will miss him so much, but please continue to remember his wife and children.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:34am
post #20 of 25

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. (((Big hugs))) to you.

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:39pm
post #21 of 25

So sorry to hear about your Grandfather.
You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Hugs
Carrie

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:44pm
post #22 of 25

So sorry for your loss, if you need to talk, we're here for you.

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:17pm
post #23 of 25

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of his family. He knew you were there for him....God Bless.

Tina

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 1:58am
post #24 of 25

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Losing a loved one is just so hard but I am glad to hear he was saved and ready to go. That has to make it a little easier for you and your family. Here's a big ((((HUG)))) for you.

Katie-Bug Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:43am
post #25 of 25

I just want to thank everyone again for remembering us. It's still hard, yesterday would have been their anniversary. I'm feeling a lot of things, and can't cry. That scares me, I wan to, but I can't. I think about things all the times, thoughts like I wish I had done this or that and why didn't I do this. One thing is that on Monday I made a cake and took to the hospital for my family to eat on. When I got there, he was in a room so we ate in the hall so he wouldn't have to see and smell it. I promised him as soon as he could eat I would make him a fresh one and get him a hamburger, his favorite food. I never did either. He was able to eat food for two days before he died and I never made one. I am so sorry about that. I think that is part of the reason I haven't wanted to do any cakes lately. Anyway, I didn't mean to go on like this, sorry. I just wanted to thank you again for the thoughtful messages and most of all the prayers. May God Bless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%